The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Posted (edited)

Will be fucking class if the club get signing deals right and we can stand on the North Terrace again come late July for proper football matches, watching a couple of quality signings that we otherwise wouldn't have had.

Can't see it happening but I'd love Alex Kirk back. Feels very like Ndaba though, if he does head back up this way, it will likely be to a team in the Premiership.

Edited by AUcal

I can appreciate where the club are coming from in terms of getting as much money out of this lot as possible; however fucking off a big section of the core support for the sake of a friendly is really shite.

Never underestimate the power of the Old Firm to cause aggro weeks before a game starts. The appeal of both clubs is beyond me. 

I hate being in the SRE but was forced to when we played Rangers in League 1. I don't think I bothered the next time we played them and I suspect a lot fans have turned their noses up at the prospect of this game but would have bought tickets had it been pretty much anyone else. 

Both sets of fans living in their goldfish bowl still think the regular diddy club supporters have spent weeks salivating over the prospect of playing them. 

I'm going but not looking forward to it. Bring on the Bairns instead. 

3 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

I can appreciate where the club are coming from in terms of getting as much money out of this lot as possible; however fucking off a big section of the core support for the sake of a friendly is really shite.

I don’t think they’ve pissed the core support off at all. The people raging about it are absolutely in the minority here going by what I’ve seen posted on P&B, Facebook and Twitter. 

4 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

It’s really just the “young team” that seem majorly pissed off so it’s not really the core support🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, ComradeDiego said:

I doubt it’s a big section.  We’ve swapped the old firm into the SRE a good few times over the last 20 years for actual competitive cup games and people got over it pretty quickly.  I suspect the real issue in all this is that it stings to realise how much our core support has been eroded over the last 40 years to the point where we can’t fill our own ground anymore for pretty much any game.  A successful team and better facilities are the only real way to change that, all of which takes money, which this games will clearly generate.  

The young guys are obviously the most upset about this. 

Young, idealistic and won't be thinking about the financial aspects of it all. Good on them, they'll grow up eventually and realise that you're always just working for the man.

They've most likely been bought up hearing about how the old firm are disgusting bigots and glory hunters and seeing pictures of them destroying Glasgow as way of celebration. 

Do we expect them just to accept that it's fine to pander to them and take the money. 

Right or wrong I can see why our younger fans are upset.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think they’ve pissed the core support off at all. The people raging about it are absolutely in the minority here going by what I’ve seen posted on P&B, Facebook and Twitter. 

Aye, this. Vast majority of folk I've spoken too are pretty fine with it. Disappointed that we won't be filling it but realistically we weren't ever going to, especially for a friendly. Take the money and move on.

Edited by AUcal

I see some of the wee guys piping up with "we're the ones that make the atmosphere home and away" - a throwback to the Bellrock patter.

5 minutes ago, AUcal said:

I see some of the wee guys piping up with "we're the ones that make the atmosphere home and away" - a throwback to the Bellrock patter.

Atmosphere has been shite for a while, bring a drum and bang it a few times at the start of the game then silence or sometimes bring it and not even use it at all

7 minutes ago, AUcal said:

What atmosphere? 

Being steaming and shouting at the ref isn’t creating an “atmosphere”. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

What atmosphere? 

Not to mention the occasional "Ayr Troop Major" or the HIV song. If that's what constitutes their "atmosphere" then it's a no from me on that.

I like the idea of the organised section that get the crowd going, but its not really been noticeable at home for a long time.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Only me... said:

If only we had a way of generating funds for him...

Ayr would only have been paying a fraction of his wages. It scares me to even think what he was actually on at Arsenal.

As for the other thing: going to be funny watching Mathie use the amount of Celtic fans present in the ground as justification for the guard of honour they're given before the game.

Edited by Thumper

5 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Not to mention the occasional "Ayr Troop Major" or the HIV song. If that's what constitutes their "atmosphere" then it's a no from me on that.

I like the idea of the organised section that get the crowd going, but its not really been noticeable at home for a long time.

It’s only really noticeable when we’re a goal or two up which hasn’t happened all that often in the last year. 

Aye the young lads bring something but t's not always good, I didn't exactly enjoy my time in the SRE last season, the last time it was truly rocking like the old days of the late 90s early 2000s was the St Johnstone cup tie before Muirhead got sent off.

Anyone else find it a tad amusing as we fire in signing after signing while the gaffer is off sunning himself in Dubai and Italy?

Marlon Brando Don Corleone GIF by The Godfather

Clearly making offers they can’t refuse - from the comfort of his sun lounger - pleasing 😊

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What atmosphere? 

Flinging pies and vapes as well, don't forget that