The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Lewis Strapp still looking for a club? 👀

Would far rather have Scott McMann . While we’re at it let’s snaffle his team mate at Dundee United Jordan Tilson ! 

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Kind of jealous Kyle turner signing for thistle too.  Very good player at this level. Crawford, turner and chalmers is some midfield 

As well as potentially Byrne

17 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

We could match an offer I would guess ,lives in Perth and not looking to move house so Glasgow halves his distance for same money it’s a no brainer 

Yeah, you’d think he’d have a bit of an emotional attachment seen as we are the only team that has really stuck by him and played him regularly. Perhaps the last 2-3 months lessened that for him. 

5 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Oh, but we do. 

This isn’t the first time you’ve mentioned this. You’re starting to give me the fear that your ITK and we’ll be going with McAllister and Reading is first choice. Reading I can just about allow* however we can scrap any plan to win promotion this season if McAllister is regularly starting at RB. Will actually be kind of glad if Sanders and Musonda move on as it’ll force the club to freshen up the defence.

*I’d much rather both were back up. 

56 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

We could match an offer I would guess ,lives in Perth and not looking to move house so Glasgow halves his distance for same money it’s a no brainer 

Are you saying he's turned us down for the sake of about 50 mins travel?

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

This isn’t the first time you’ve mentioned this. You’re starting to give me the fear that your ITK and we’ll be going with McAllister and Reading is first choice. Reading I can just about allow* however we can scrap any plan to win promotion this season if McAllister is regularly starting at RB. Will actually be kind of glad if Sanders and Musonda move on as it’ll force the club to freshen up the defence.

*I’d much rather both were back up. 

Not in the know. I just don’t see us bringing in another left back who’s going to be in front of Reading and taking a decent wage for 2 players in that position. Suppose there’s more of a chance getting someone in over McAllister, but how many windows have we tried to improve on that position and came up short. Brown also must see something as well given he’s sanctioned a new contract. 

Posted (edited)

Some wild comments on here! Why would we sign another starting left back? We've literally just given the incumbent a two year contract. 

Not surprised Chalmers is going elsewhere, we've filled his position and he was poor in the second half of the season. 

Edited by Shibuya

Just now, Shibuya said:

Some wild comments on here! Why would we sign another starting left back? We've literally just given the incumbent a two year contract. 

Because the incumbent isn’t good enough?

38 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Yeah, you’d think he’d have a bit of an emotional attachment seen as we are the only team that has really stuck by him and played him regularly. Perhaps the last 2-3 months lessened that for him. 

I think he's got grand ideas of where he should be instead of taking a step back for a season or two.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

I'd much rather both were gone tbh.

Well aye but ones been given a two year deal and the other a one year deal so not happening sadly. 

Just now, Shibuya said:

Good enough for a two year deal. 

In Scott Brown’s eyes aye but that doesn’t mean fans can’t want another left back. Not that I suspect it’ll happen. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Well aye but ones been given a two year deal and the other a one year deal so not happening sadly. 

Yes, I've accepted that but I don't have much faith things are going to be that much different.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

In Scott Brown’s eyes aye but that doesn’t mean fans can’t want another left back. Not that I suspect it’ll happen. 

Don't get me wrong I would love it but it's obviously not going to happen with the confidence Brown has shown in Reading. 

Past few seasons Reading has stayed in the team due to a lack of competition for his places, Maxwell was played further forward and Ecrepont hardly got a chance, getting in another LB who could push him and vice versa would do no harm