The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wasn’t sure but cheers. 

Injury problems are the obvious concern but still good enough for Championship level? 

It's a strange one there was a point we genuinely thought he was going to be the next big thing and expected him to end up playing regular football at a top level down south there was supposed interest from Liverpool and he was on trial at Brighton at one point when were in the premiership. When we got relegated to the Championship from the Premiership we all thought that he would be away that summer and was surprised to see him stay he was admittedly was OK but nothing special in the championship he also had a couple of heart issues at one point I don't know if that's all been sorted now I would hope that it has been. Then he's been injured for 2 years since he's only had one full 90 in the last 2 years at Alloa I believe which was a bit of a dead rubber as both teams were already confirmed as 2nd and 3rd and rested players so I would be worried in that aspect. It's a bit unpredictable if this will turn out to be a good signing or not he needed a change of scenery but I don't know if it would have maybe been better move for him to a QOTS or something where he's guaranteed regular football at lower level for a year. At the same time there is also that chance if he can get back to his best at Ayr that he could get an even bigger move potentially next season hopefully for him he can stay injury free and get back to his best cause there is definitely a player in there. 

In August 2022 he signed a contract extension until 2023,[9][10] and in September of the same year he expressed his hope to return to first-team action in a month, having been out injured since April with a thigh problem;[11] however, he was still unavailable in March 2023, missing the team's relegation struggles in the 2022–23 Scottish Championship and their progression to the 2023 Scottish Challenge Cup final.[12] He completed his first 90-minute, senior level match in two years in April 2024 as Hamilton defeated Alloa Athletic 1–0 in Scottish League One.[13]

34 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

It's a strange one there was a point we genuinely thought he was going to be the next big thing and expected him to end up playing regular football at a top level down south there was supposed interest from Liverpool and he was on trial at Brighton at one point when were in the premiership. When we got relegated to the Championship from the Premiership we all thought that he would be away that summer and was surprised to see him stay he was admittedly was OK but nothing special in the championship he also had a couple of heart issues at one point I don't know if that's all been sorted now I would hope that it has been. Then he's been injured for 2 years since he's only had one full 90 in the last 2 years at Alloa I believe which was a bit of a dead rubber as both teams were already confirmed as 2nd and 3rd and rested players so I would be worried in that aspect. It's a bit unpredictable if this will turn out to be a good signing or not he needed a change of scenery but I don't know if it would have maybe been better move for him to a QOTS or something where he's guaranteed regular football at lower level for a year. At the same time there is also that chance if he can get back to his best at Ayr that he could get an even bigger move potentially next season hopefully for him he can stay injury free and get back to his best cause there is definitely a player in there. 

Am I right in thinking he played quite a bit at right back as well? 

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Obviously the injury issues are a concern but I always feel they should be given a chance, Jamie Adams is the prime example of it working out Hamilton is still young enough that I feel if he impresses as a trialist I say give him a chance 

Fair comment  

Aye his injuries are a risk but if he can get back to his best it could be a shrewd bit of business, he can play CB and RB meaning we have Stanger, McAllister and potentially Hamilton covering the right side defense positions and Redding, Frankie and McMann covering the left defensive positions leaving hopefully some money for a midfield general to come in.