The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I enjoyed the Oakley smile when talking about giving defenders a hard time. 

Pretty confident I’m going to love him as much as I’ve disliked him over the last couple of seasons. 

Things the kind of signing I wish Ayr had made many years ago - tormented by certain players for years - we kinda did with Tommy Bryce.

Tormented by Billy Dodds / Owen Coyle and the likes.

Gorgeous George is a handful and has sharp elbows 😉

59 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Imagine another DC 🥹

IMG_0166.jpeg

I met him when I was 9 .down old racecourse where ayr used to train back in the day .and I can remember being starstruck .😆  couldn't get a word out .

27 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Better at free kicks than Roberto Carlos. Distance irrelevant. 

That free kick goal against Falkirk will live with me forever. The 6-0 result probably will too 😀

4 hours ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Imagine another DC 🥹

IMG_0166.jpeg

David Craig Back Post 👍 How many did he actually score nodding them in from a corner?

He not a model or something now?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

That free kick goal against Falkirk will live with me forever. The 6-0 result probably will too 😀

I remember seeing @Peil in tears after watching that goal, what year was this? (checked myself..)

https://www.11v11.com/matches/ayr-united-v-falkirk-06-march-2001-5678/

2001! Mark Kerr playing for Falkirk

Edited by diege
checked for info

13 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

SFA has Hislop listed as turning 16 next Monday so hopefully a 3 year deal is waiting on the table given he's been down south for a few trials last season.

Just signed a deal last week , he now has squad number 18

9 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

LOL mind Myles Hogarth?

Pic_15_jpg.jpg.7c82db8512c675a805997637f4030c7f.jpg

I went to the Dumbarton v Falkirk  match the other week, and saw one of his sons give away a goal in a style he would have  been proud of. Tried to pass to a teammate in the box, only to present Jinky Hilton with an open goal.

7 hours ago, diege said:

I remember seeing @Peil in tears after watching that goal, what year was this? (checked myself..)

https://www.11v11.com/matches/ayr-united-v-falkirk-06-march-2001-5678/

2001! Mark Kerr playing for Falkirk

In my defence, I was full of some virus and had spent half time throwing up and shivering, wondering why I was even there

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

LOL mind Myles Hogarth?

Pic_15_jpg.jpg.7c82db8512c675a805997637f4030c7f.jpg

He lost 6-0 at Somerset with both Airdrie and Falkirk although I do remember him winning 3-0 at Ayr with Stirling Albion.

7 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

He lost 6-0 at Somerset with both Airdrie and Falkirk although I do remember him winning 3-0 at Ayr with Stirling Albion.

He also won 5-2 at Somerset Park with Stirling Albion back in 2005. The main reason why I remember that is that we were 5-1 down and the fans in the SRE started chanting "we want 2". That made me laugh. A sense of humour was a requirement to be an Ayr United fan back then.

He was some keeper. Not every opposition keeper gets their name chanted by the SRE.

That was a pass back from his own defender going past him in that photo. The third goal in a 3-0 Ayr win.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Get the feeling Hamilton isn't signing.  With Hastie already signed and been in the same amount of time, Brown won't need any more convincing either way.

Unless he is and we’re just being drip-fed signings….