The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong with Dempsey and when he is back?  Or have we gone all secret squirrel again.  Murdoch not really getting much of a look in and if Dempsey is out, only leaves us Syla and Rus.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong with Dempsey and when he is back?  Or have we gone all secret squirrel again.  Murdoch not really getting much of a look in and if Dempsey is out, only leaves us Syla and Rus.

I would be confident of him being involved on Saturday , last night was touch and go 

46 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I don’t understand why a 6 o’clock curfew would be announced / implemented but then change their mind due to people turning up.

Why not just make tickets available from the kiosk up until kick off?  I don’t see the downside of it?  Happy to stand corrected if there is a genuine reason, but to then have a last minute change does seem a bit tinpot.

The only thing I can think of is that they maybe want to repurpose the staff who would be manning the ticket booth to cover other jobs at that time if possible?

I'm a bit surprised that there's been as much negativity on here in the past few hours. We went in to our first competitive match of the season against a team expected by many to challenge for the top 4 without 3 starters in Murphy, Musonda and Dempsey and dug out a win. That wouldn't have happened last season.

4 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

Surely with the old guy from our with ayr with the emptiness of the main stand and other parts of the stadium they could have given him a comp ticket.

From what I've seen, he didn't approach club as was told by fan there was no pay to walk in gate. Like all these situations, it's easy to look back with a shoulda, coulda, woulda. I'm pretty positive if he had made his situ known to someone at club, they would of got him in. I've had complimentary entry b4 after loosing wallet or leaving it on the bar in the horseshoe is probably more likely what happened 🤣

1 minute ago, edinburghhonestman said:

I'm a bit surprised that there's been as much negativity on here in the past few hours. We went in to our first competitive match of the season against a team expected by many to challenge for the top 4 without 3 starters in Murphy, Musonda and Dempsey and dug out a win. That wouldn't have happened last season.

That's coz you're a ray of fucking sunshine and some of us, ain't so much 😎

24 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I would be confident of him being involved on Saturday , last night was touch and go 

That's good, was fearing a long lay off.

Thought last night we defended set pieces a lot better, Dowds and Oakley giving a hand and clearing a lot.  Would like to see some form of variation on ours.  Every single Henderson corner goes long over the back post, not sure if it is by design or not.  Like was said above, we lose that last season.

3 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

For me, it was disappointing that we didn't control the game more against a team that's barely out of League One. Our chances came in moments rather than as a result of sustained pressure and we seemed to be on the back foot most of the night. That said, the defending was much better than it has been in preseason so far, the game management was much better than it has been for a long time and there were a good few positive individual performances. You'll take 3 points from a game like that every time you can get them.

Just now, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

How's Harry Stone settled in?  

Really well, type of keeper we've been crying out for, commands his box well.  Made a few cracking saves last night.

25 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Its more realistic though, if you want to move forward you have to acknowledge faults as well as successes. No one is saying they were surprised we won or that we were terrible. But there were a few things that need to get better because eight other teams will see what we did badly last night and will be taking note. 

21 minutes ago, Iain said:

For me, it was disappointing that we didn't control the game more against a team that's barely out of League One. Our chances came in moments rather than as a result of sustained pressure and we seemed to be on the back foot most of the night. That said, the defending was much better than it has been in preseason so far, the game management was much better than it has been for a long time and there were a good few positive individual performances. You'll take 3 points from a game like that every time you can get them.

To be fair, I just don’t see any team in this league controlling the game against Falkirk.

They just beat Dundee Utd by 2-0, and should have been another 4 by all accounts.

We beat them, but not many will.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s more realistic though, if you want to move forward you have to acknowledge faults as well as successes. No one is saying they were surprised we won or that we were terrible. But there were a few things that need to get better because eight other teams will see what we did badly last night and will be taking note. 

100%

30 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Exactly, some people will find something to moan about.

Watching the Wiseman highlights on YouTube, that is some save by Stone from the free kick in the first half, but never in a million years was it a foul. Referee looked out of his depth. At one point Stone got barged into his own net by a forward and the ref gave a goal kick!

18 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Really well, type of keeper we've been crying out for, commands his box well.  Made a few cracking saves last night.

..................and not just the worldies, the number of blocks he made was encouraging.  We have had young keepers recently who the ball seem to go through.  Just stopping the shot is vital.