The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s not really the fact he deserted us it’s more that there was supposedly a gentleman agreement with Smith that if he was returning to Scotland he would give us first dibs. He obviously then didn’t do that and signed for Partick Thistle. 

I really don’t think anyone can complain about this, you would have to be an utter moron to want to play under Hopkin - particularly a player like Smith. Surely even the chairman realises that by now!

Anyway, his career has went downhill quite sharply. 

13 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Left Hand side is the only area of the park which you'd probably say could still be up for debate at LB between Reading and Musonda or LM between Hastie/Murphy/McKenzie 

I'd keep Reading in the team, been more than fine so far

2 hours ago, diege said:

Deserted us in middle of season, career hasnt kicked on, what a shame

He was slightly above average in a horrible Ayr team. Never seen the fascination with the guy, he's found his level. 

51 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

I’d say he’s been better defensively, but fear he will be found out soon.

Also can’t cross the ball when in a good position. Must have seen him waste 4 or 5 good opportunities in the first half alone against Buckie.

3 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

Notice we're only entering the reserves in the cup so guaranteed 3 games along with whatever friendlies they play.

Hopefully means we consider loaning out McRoberts as I expect when/if everyone is fit he'd miss out.

reckon McRoberts will still feature for the Under 18s so can still get some gametime under his belt there.

ryden if he wants any chance to really develop he needs it more him and Guthrie maybe Tomlinson if Walker can get back on his feet and Murdoch to get game time under his feet will be for me the 4 likely players i would loan out

Edited by muZZa__44

7 hours ago, Shibuya said:

He was slightly above average in a horrible Ayr team. Never seen the fascination with the guy, he's found his level. 

Behave, he’s clearly better than league 2. 

9 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I’d say he’s been better defensively, but fear he will be found out soon.

Also can’t cross the ball when in a good position. Must have seen him waste 4 or 5 good opportunities in the first half alone against Buckie.

The Buckie players were leaving him free because they wanted him to have the ball :lol:

40 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

All ten League 1 clubs who let him go by clearly don't think so!

He’s from Aberdeen so a move to Peterhead probably suits him more than a move to the likes of a Dumbarton or Stenny. 

31 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He’s from Aberdeen so a move to Peterhead probably suits him more than a move to the likes of a Dumbarton or Stenny. 

Peterhead would be ideal for him if they didn't train in... Dundee. 

13 hours ago, Honestmen said:

Don't feel like Reading has been poor but I do think that McMann is a far better player and also is not a particularly great central defender. We all know this though and Brown appears to be the only guy watching who can't work it out. 

Edited by Shibuya

32 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Don't feel like Reading has been poor but I do think that McMann is a far better player and also is not a particularly great central defender. We all know this though and Brown appears to be the only guy watching who can't work it out. 

Given how we have looked so far, I’m quite happy to give Brown the benefit of the doubt that he might have more of an idea about it than the fans do. 

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Given how we have looked so far, I’m quite happy to give Brown the benefit of the doubt that he might have more of an idea about it than the fans do. 

Just out of interest, is it your opinion our strongest back four features Reading at left back?

Edited by Shibuya