The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

41 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

A mural all the way along the Somerset Road wall would be amazing and absolutely my first choice but iI fear it would be constantly targeted and ruined by eejits. I’d hate to see someone’s hard work ruined. A simple black and white striped wall would be a massive improvement and easily maintained. 

Plenty of other clubs have smart murals in and around their ground, but can’t think of many that have a space like that wall on the SRE.

The Berlin Wall was split into sections for different artists to do their own work, something like that would be really cool to get local artists involved 

10 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Plenty of other clubs have smart murals in and around their ground, but can’t think of many that have a space like that wall on the SRE.

The Berlin Wall was split into sections for different artists to do their own work, something like that would be really cool to get local artists involved 

What an opportunity to get Hasselhoff strutting about on the new stand roof for the grand opening of the mural wall. 

It happens or I'm not going.

Wonder if we will get any movement on Jamie Hamilton soon, seems strange if he's still training with us and we're not going sign him or come to some agreement with Hamilton, he's been with as all pre season by the looks of it.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Would the club need planning permission for the mural?

Yes  I believe it was talked about a few years ago and due to the proximity of the houses directly across the road planning permission was required 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Yes  I believe it was talked about a few years ago and due to the proximity of the houses directly across the road planning permission was required 

I don't see any reason why planning permission would not be granted, there may be conditions that it is not too bright or not something along those lines. It would be a massive improvement on the current state of that wall

I've enjoyed the productive discussions on here the past 24hrs lads. I guess, like Rodders said, we should try engaging with the club on a few of these ideas as there definitely seems a passion from a lot of us on here to help. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's game, hoping for a strong performance and a win.

10 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Sadly the only graffiti wall art I've ever done was spraying a large cock and balls onto a wall at Irvine Royal academy about 30 years ago. 

It was a big belter right enough.

Did it have p***kly pubic hair and a bit of jizz?

There's a guy who has done a lot of murals in Irvine, the entirety of under the River gate centre was done by him and honestly, they're really good. Tragic O'Hara I think is his name 🤔

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

There's a guy who has done a lot of murals in Irvine, the entirety of under the River gate centre was done by him and honestly, they're really good. Tragic O'Hara I think is his name 🤔

Good shout. 

There's also the guy who did the underpass in Alloway. He got local schools involved and the kids have each done their own wee part for it. 

39 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Sadly the only graffiti wall art I've ever done was spraying a large cock and balls onto a wall at Irvine Royal academy about 30 years ago. 

I was once gassed on Mickey Finn's and thought it would be a good idea to spraypaint "T-Man" in neon yellow on the pavement next to the canal in Clydebank. It was there for ages.

I don't even know who "T-Man" is.

46 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Did it have p***kly pubic hair and a bit of jizz?

What do you take me for? Some kind of dobber drawing amateur? Of course it did. And veins.

16 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was once gassed on Mickey Finn's and thought it would be a good idea to spraypaint "T-Man" in neon yellow on the pavement next to the canal in Clydebank. It was there for ages.

Surely you are now T-Man?

On another note, the noise coming out of the club at the end of the last season and for a month or so after.... I was expecting some rather meaty signings. Going into the second game of the season, I feel the signings fell short of my expectations. Ps. What the f**k is the script with McGeady!!? It seems now, we're paying him to be a mature commercial manager apprentice? 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

3 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Agreed. It would look amazing to have a proper mural. I just worry about the amateur artists thinking they can add bits.

1 hour ago, Scott-ish said:

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Oh, hiya.

30 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Agreed. It would look amazing to have a proper mural. I just worry about the amateur artists thinking they can add bits.

If a genuine artist was commissioned for it it could look amazing,  but I fear it wouldn't last a week before being added to by strange green and blue abominations. Local residents could object to a mural opposite their living room window. 

Surprised nobody has suggested selling tiles/bricks for the wall to generate some transfer funds.

8 minutes ago, Only me... said:

If a genuine artist was commissioned for it it could look amazing,  but I fear it wouldn't last a week before being added to by strange green and blue abominations. Local residents could object to a mural opposite their living room window. 

Surprised nobody has suggested selling tiles/bricks for the wall to generate some transfer funds.

Did we not already do the tile thing for the tunnel? 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910