The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

If we sign a CM then are we bumping our captain or our best player?

I don't think Dowds would drop out to allow a cm to play.  

54 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Not sure if he is the type of midfielder we will be looking for.  Coupled with the fact he'll think he is above the Championship with being at Rangers and on loan at Hearts last season.  Done nothing at both as well.

As I said wasnt suggesting him, just pointing out good quality players for our level are starting to become available so there is potential for further signings

Another midfielder or striker gives options, we don't want a Dipo situation where teams figure us out by Christmas and we have no plan B or a way of changing things, pitches are also going to get cut up and heavy soon and that might not play to Rus's strength if we want to challenge we need options 

2 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Another midfielder or striker gives options, we don't want a Dipo situation where teams figure us out by Christmas and we have no plan B or a way of changing things, pitches are also going to get cut up and heavy soon and that might not play to Rus's strength if we want to challenge we need options 

Rus is also a bit overrated in terms of where he is playing, I haven't seen him do much of anything at all in the centre of the park, he's always running off to the left wing.  It's working just now though so cool.  

4 hours ago, Only me... said:

I know it shouldn't but what backup/ competition is there for those 2? One injury or suspension and the gameplan is scuppered.

As already amply demonstrated. Brown obviously wants to distribute goals around the team but the club can't really rely on Stanger getting into double figures this year.

2 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

On this not having everyone signed up or a Big name signings I'm very happy with our recruitment and hopefully it's not done, but remember our best signing of at least the last 20 years was a free agent, last chance saloon, after the window closed, look at him now

And the second-best was a January signing from the juniors.

39 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Rus is also a bit overrated in terms of where he is playing, I haven't seen him do much of anything at all in the centre of the park, he's always running off to the left wing.  It's working just now though so cool.  

He drives a lot from deep positions and isn't easily shaken off the ball.  As seen with the goal v Dundee United and assist last week.  Can't remember the last player in midfield we had doing that.  

Had a blonde moment with the greeny and red dots so don't worry :lol:

9 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Airdrie fan Greg Holmes representing his club well on Twitter. 

IMG_20240809_130624.jpg

Old b*****d looks like he’s been deed longer than his club.

Anytime we play Airdrie at Somerset from now on, I'll always be reminded of the "much ado about nothing" farce of last season. Riot vans, police horses, police officers everywhere, and about 300 Airdrie fans with no trouble 😵‍💫 after the Falkirk antics a few weeks ago, are they now our big "ultra" rivals? 😂

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

He drives a lot from deep positions and isn't easily shaken off the ball.  As seen with the goal v Dundee United and assist last week.  Can't remember the last player in midfield we had doing that.  

Had a blonde moment with the greeny and red dots so don't worry :lol:

Yes those are examples of what I said though, he's driving down the left wing for anything good he is doing.  If someone works out how to stop that I'm not sure what else it is he does. 

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If someone works out how to stop that

Previous experimentation suggests that the runway on that one lasts until a couple of weeks before November, so as long as he creates winners in every game up until that the club only needs to consider a change of tactics then.

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yes those are examples of what I said though, he's driving down the left wing for anything good he is doing.  If someone works out how to stop that I'm not sure what else it is he does. 

Well just call him the modern day Arjen Robben

Spoiler

Or Joe Cardle