The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, muZZa__44 said:

Seems like a more defensive midfielder was on loan at Dundee but never really broke into their first team so maybe a step down will help him

Can play centre back and full back as well.  

On the face of it Howley and Bachirou look like they could be really good additions, Dempsey can't keep that tempo up all season without a break, wonder if they both sign Syla could be leaving?If we get both and a different type of attacker to the Doakly pairing that would set us up nicely to have a real go at it this season.

23 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

On the face of it Howley and Bachirou look like they could be really good additions, Dempsey can't keep that tempo up all season without a break, wonder if they both sign Syla could be leaving?If we get both and a different type of attacker to the Doakly pairing that would set us up nicely to have a real go at it this season.

If we sign Howley, Fred and a striker I'll be disappointed if we don't win the league.

4 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

If we sign Howley, Fred and a striker I'll be disappointed if we don't win the league.

unnamed (1).jpg

1 hour ago, Hawkes97 said:

Hearing that Ryan Howley has signed on loan from Coventry. 

54 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Seems like a more defensive midfielder was on loan at Dundee but never really broke into their first team so maybe a step down will help him

Physically absolutely looks the part and out of our loans, probably joined us with the most hype even ahead of the unknown Owen Beck. Coventry fans were absolutely sure he would rip it up for us but he was just a bit... anonymous. Never really broke through with us in any position and ultimately it got to the point where he was being shunted to full back or on the wing or really, anywhere that needed a body.

I wouldn't say he's a CDM as is being said above, just didn't see that type of player at all - think he's supposed to be a more attacking midfielder and he certainly never let the side down when he was on the park but he just never contributed well... anything really.

Docherty was a big fan and the Coventry manager seemed very upset last January when he wasn't getting as much game time as initially promised. Maybe a step down a level could be very good for him. As I said, he's a big laddie and with regular game time maybe could become a real diamond as Coventry fans were hoping he'd be a success for us then breakthrough into their side this season but it's obviously not panned out that way.

Out of all our signings last season, he was probably the least memorable because he was never bad but never done anything to deserve a place in the 11 either. I'll repeat for one last time though, certainly looked the part physically and regular game time might be the making of an absolute star because he had Boateng (now at Hearts), Mo Sylla, Lyall Cameron, Josh Mulligan and Luke McCowan all ensuring he never got much of an opportunity in the centre of the park.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Physically absolutely looks the part and out of our loans, probably joined us with the most hype even ahead of the unknown Owen Beck. Coventry fans were absolutely sure he would rip it up for us but he was just a bit... anonymous. Never really broke through with us in any position and ultimately it got to the point where he was being shunted to full back or on the wing or really, anywhere that needed a body.

I wouldn't say he's a CDM as is being said above, just didn't see that type of player at all - think he's supposed to be a more attacking midfielder and he certainly never let the side down when he was on the park but he just never contributed well... anything really.

Docherty was a big fan and the Coventry manager seemed very upset last January when he wasn't getting as much game time as initially promised. Maybe a step down a level could be very good for him. As I said, he's a big laddie and with regular game time maybe could become a real diamond as Coventry fans were hoping he'd be a success for us then breakthrough into their side this season but it's obviously not panned out that way.

Out of all our signings last season, he was probably the least memorable because he was never bad but never done anything to deserve a place in the 11 either. I'll repeat for one last time though, certainly looked the part physically and regular game time might be the making of an absolute star because he had Boateng (now at Hearts), Mo Sylla, Lyall Cameron, Josh Mulligan and Luke McCowan all ensuring he never got much of an opportunity in the centre of the park.

He sounds like a second Mark McKenzie with better tackling. 

25 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Your right, but everytime I think we can win this, the voice in the back of my head reminds me that I'm an Ayr fan we don't get good things, the way we play we are going to need a decent size squad  because this high press high tempo game is going to take its toll eventually.

14 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Surely another option up top would be preferable now that Bryden is away on loan ?

Even if Howley and/or Bachirou sign I’d still expect a striker to come in. 

29 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Bets on the bold Charles either being paraded on the pitch, doing the half time draw or unveileing a new signing tomorrow? Surely one of the 3 has got to happen 🤔🤣

Shame he’s not here on rainbow laces weekend 

Howley seems more of a Brown type player than Bachirou. Maybe I’m way off it but given the age of the latter I don’t imagine he’ll be suited to Browns 100 mile an hour press. We’re lacking a real physical type in midfield and most of the other teams in the league who will be challenging all have someone like that. If Howley can do that and then cover at RB and CB then I’ll be happy. 

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Howley seems more of a Brown type player than Bachirou. Maybe I’m way off it but given the age of the latter I don’t imagine he’ll be suited to Browns 100 mile an hour press. We’re lacking a real physical type in midfield and most of the other teams in the league who will be challenging all have someone like that. If Howley can do that and then cover at RB and CB then I’ll be happy. 

Ben Dempsey playing like a deeper lying Jamie Adams is surely filling that physical role at the moment…