The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

54 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Out of curiosity, how many other championship teams have a training ground? I'm assuming all/most premiership do?

None i don't think, Dunfermline are supposed to be getting one but not sure if the Germans going will just leave them with an astro pitch

Likes of Raith, Livi and Falkirk will all train at their stadium i presume since they've got the astro pitch 

54 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Out of curiosity, how many other championship teams have a training ground? I'm assuming all/most premiership do?

Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and St Mirren do. Might be more but think the rest just rent out places.

25 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and St Mirren do. Might be more but think the rest just rent out places.

Could well be making this up but I think Kilmarnock are getting one when they go back to grass. 

39 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Could well be making this up but I think Kilmarnock are getting one when they go back to grass. 

Aye they’re going through the planning permission stage right now I think.

6 hours ago, Rb123 said:

None i don't think, Dunfermline are supposed to be getting one but not sure if the Germans going will just leave them with an astro pitch

Likes of Raith, Livi and Falkirk will all train at their stadium i presume since they've got the astro pitch 

Do partick not have a training complex? Thought that’s where we were training under McCall. There is definitely a complex decked out in partick colours in maryhill 

I wonder whether they might redevelop the railway end and integrate it with a training facility. Gives them a bigger footprint to work with, could potentially have indoor facilities starting under the stand. Going to be a huge project either way and hopefully transformational for the club.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Do partick not have a training complex? Thought that’s where we were training under McCall. There is definitely a complex decked out in partick colours in maryhill 

I have seen them training a few times at Toryglen Sports Centre , believe their main training takes place at Glasgow Green 

Edited by Finlay21

27 minutes ago, Iain said:

I wonder whether they might redevelop the railway end and integrate it with a training facility. Gives them a bigger footprint to work with, could potentially have indoor facilities starting under the stand. Going to be a huge project either way and hopefully transformational for the club.

The problem with doing anything with the RailwayEnd is that it could  cut into the away fans capacity . Those numbers will be very important should we go up . It’s why the three blocks in the new stand nearest the Railway End haven’t been sold to season ticket holders . 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

They’ve certainly got some sort of complex. 

There is the Firhill Complex quite near the stadium but i think it's council owned and run. 

The scale of transformation going on at the club is quite incredible and something we haven't seen in generations. Car park renovation, the Hub, North Stand and improved hospitality offerings and now this land purchase. All credit to David Smith for pushing the club forward and doing what Bill Barr couldn't or wouldn't. 

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’ve certainly got some sort of complex. 

Their official training  ground is Glasgow Green Sports complex that is owned by the council 

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Training ground is way bigger than the stand.  That's huge for us. 

This was something the Chairman talked about as an ambition. Is there any evidence it is nearer to a reality?

58 minutes ago, railwayend said:

The problem with doing anything with the RailwayEnd is that it could  cut into the away fans capacity . Those numbers will be very important should we go up . It’s why the three blocks in the new stand nearest the Railway End haven’t been sold to season ticket holders . 

In my mind you'd have a safe standing area there with a good capacity, but the concourse underneath could house changing facilities, gym facilities, etc, leaving as much outside space as possible for pitches and other training space.

1 minute ago, JohnGAYR said:

This was something the Chairman talked about as an ambition. Is there any evidence it is nearer to a reality?

See the video higher up this thread

15 minutes ago, Iain said:

In my mind you'd have a safe standing area there with a good capacity, but the concourse underneath could house changing facilities, gym facilities, etc, leaving as much outside space as possible for pitches and other training space.

Do we not already have a gym in the main stand? 

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

doing what Bill Barr couldn't or wouldn't.

Fancy lego stadiums were very much the done thing at the time, you didn't have ambition if you didn't build an out of town, breezeblock and steel stadium. 

From an infrastructure point of view, apart from turning the pitch, there was no way to develop Somerset in to a modern stadium. The railway yard certainly wasn't available at the time. 
He also wanted the stadium to be self funding, renting out office space within the stands. 

9 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Do we not already have a gym in the main stand? 

It's below the hospital radio commentators bit in the corner of the Railway end.