The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

I am happy with the draw, been a few years  since we played Peterhead it’s definitely winnable

Did we not beat them last year in extra time in the cup , McGinty scored in last minute then Bryden got winner 

48 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Did we not beat them last year in extra time in the cup , McGinty scored in last minute then Bryden got winner 

Yeah, I went to Cumnock vs Broomhill instead that day and remember seeing the update that we’d equalised when I was back in the car. That’s how late we scored to go to extra time. 

52 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Had to drive back to Sheffield after that game. Wasn't wanting it to go to extra time before kick off due to the long drive home and getting back late but was more than happy when McGinty levelled to take it extra time!

25 minutes ago, cop said:

Had to drive back to Sheffield after that game. Wasn't wanting it to go to extra time before kick off due to the long drive home and getting back late but was more than happy when McGinty levelled to take it extra time!

Lee Bullen Found

1 hour ago, cop said:

Fair play that's some effort to watch the super 👌 

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Besides the results this season there have been several other markers so far which have been positive and point to a potentially very good season. Home form✅ Depleted defence✅ Coming from behind✅ 

All things which we weren't really successful at or coping with last few seasons. 

Still a few tests to come though like the end of year schedule and two games a week. 

Main priority just now is getting some of our injured CB's back as it's very much a makeshift CB pairing which showed on Sunday with the least bit of pressure causing panic stations at times and can't afford to go on as it wasn't great at Dunfermline either by all accounts. 

Would like to not get into a run of "we'll out score you" to beat opponents lol

Plus as we all know we've gone up against Thistle before with McAllister at CB and their tactic is to just plonk Brian Graham on him as he'll win every ball and to also wind him up which has a high chance of being successful. 

Listened to Murphy on Open goal. Was a very good episode with minimal reference to Slanes genitals or mild homophobia. 

He speaks very well and it is a really interesting listen. He there is maybe 5 minutes about Ayr which is pretty much what you’d expect from an experienced pro. Talks about all the good things happening and what Brown wants. He does say he is obsessed with stats and finds some of it pointless, Like expected goals, it counts for nothing if you get beat. 

Worth a listen. 

31 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

20240911_152419.jpg

The club played down speculation on the new training ground.

Is say it was beyond speculation when a club employee says it. 

Just coming out and saying, Ayr, I’ve bought it but we haven’t even started any funding or planning applications so there is no news for the foreseeable. 

The land registry will, I assume be updated so it’s not something he can hide forever

31 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The club played down speculation on the new training ground.

Is say it was beyond speculation when a club employee says it. 

Just coming out and saying, Ayr, I’ve bought it but we haven’t even started any funding or planning applications so there is no news for the foreseeable. 

The land registry will, I assume be updated so it’s not something he can hide forever

Who owns this bit in the pink?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.8faf5a0e3d02045c465ad9616a958e8e.jpg