The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

I was talking to someone close to your club yesterday and they only had positive things to say about training, Brown, Whittaker and the overall atmosphere.

Intense but rewarding was basically how training was described.

I could just be caught up in all this positivity but this could be our own Tommy Burns moment, long way to go but and it could go tit's up very easily but I have hope.

Just now, Superhursty7 said:

I could just be caught up in all this positivity but this could be our own Tommy Burns moment, long way to go but and it could go tit's up very easily but I have hope.

From the outside looking in it appears that way. Your issue may be keeping him long enough to get you promoted (not saying that with any knowledge it’s just common sense based on your current form). He’ll be getting chased for top flight jobs soon I’m sure.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

From the outside looking in it appears that way. Your issue may be keeping him long enough to get you promoted (not saying that with any knowledge it’s just common sense based on your current form). He’ll be getting chased for top flight jobs soon I’m sure.

I've said it before, the nightmare situation is Hibs binning Gray

1 minute ago, Superhursty7 said:

I've said it before, the nightmare situation is Hibs binning Gray

Definitely. You feel that if Hibs come calling he would be off. If it ends up being a St Johnstone or Ross County then it might be more in your favour. My own view is that players and managers should chase the money as you are only a few defeats away from being under pressure. The 

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Definitely. You feel that if Hibs come calling he would be off. If it ends up being a St Johnstone or Ross County then it might be more in your favour. My own view is that players and managers should chase the money as you are only a few defeats away from being under pressure. The 

Brown winning league with ayr utd (45) years it be far better on his CV than 5th in premier with hibs.  He' will know hibs are a bit of a basket case with all the managers they've had .plus he's a multi millionaire he doesn't need the money. 

Ps I keep telling myself this and I firmly believe it .

50 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Finally. Some good news to come out of the club 

Finally? What was the last piece of good news you heard?

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Would imagine Malkay McKay will like a yes man which Brown isn't 

That's a great point and I think part of the reason of the turn around in the club Brown will not be afraid to turn round to Smith and mathie and give it them straight and with his CV he 100% has the authority and commands the respect to do so, BGM I think was just happy to at last have his chance and would take any hand delt to him.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Another anniversary for today.

The idea of that many people inside Somerset Park sounds mental to me. That's about 3 x the biggest attendances we're allowed nowadays. It must have been some atmosphere.

Anyone wanting to admit to being old enough to have been at this game? 

I was there. Nine at the time. I'd agree, probably our best ever team.