The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Staring without Rus, we were going to be back to where we were last week. Thistle were right on us for 10-15 minutes at the start but we took a grip of the game and looked a lot better, we were missing Rus in and around the box and lost a lot of the loose balls coming out. 

The replacement keeper looked like he was shiting himself. Never came for a cross all game but did make a couple of tidy saves. 
losing Dowds, then Murphy was a kick in the tits. Walker looked poor when he came on, Hastie was a bit better. 

The defence looked ok, Dempsey was solid, Henderson had Watret are forming a good understanding.

Draw was probably fair.

Thistle……is their goalkeeper the thickest footballer on the planet? 
What the f**k have they done to Logan Chalmers? 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Staring without Rus, we were going to be back to where we were last week. Thistle were right on us for 10-15 minutes at the start but we took a grip of the game and looked a lot better, we were missing Rus in and around the box and lost a lot of the loose balls coming out. 

The replacement keeper looked like he was shiting himself. Never came for a cross all game but did make a couple of tidy saves. 
losing Dowds, then Murphy was a kick in the tits. Walker looked poor when he came on, Hastie was a bit better. 

The defence looked ok, Dempsey was solid, Henderson had Watret are forming a good understanding.

Draw was probably fair.

Thistle……is their goalkeeper the thickest footballer on the planet? 
What the f**k have they done to Logan Chalmers? 

Chalmers just isn't very good - even you lot were saying that last season.

I said he wouldn't be a good signing, and unfortunately I'm being proven right.

1 minute ago, baba douche said:

You need to play him a certain way?, Bullen did because it’s all he had, Brown didn’t want to accommodate him. 
He looked a shell of the player that was at Ayr last season. He’ll be reconsidering the extra hours car journey about now. 

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bit scunered after today to be honest, no longer top and injuries mounting up.  

I can’t see anything to be scunnered about tbh, we are six games in and as far as I’m aware none of the injuries are serious. 

9 minutes ago, baba douche said:

No we weren’t. 

21 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Some of us were saying that. The fanboys….?  Not so much.

Bullen gave him a lot of free reign , which I'm not sure a lot of managers would be willing to do. Same with the defensive side of things.

Still early but worrying the amount of injuries already stacking up, you'd think it'd level out at some point otherwise we'll be stuck in second gear and eventually playing catch up to the top of the league

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I can’t see anything to be scunnered about tbh, we are six games in and as far as I’m aware none of the injuries are serious. 

No we weren’t. 

Scunnered was maybe a bit much. Dowds didn’t look great at all the way he was hobling off head in hands. Brilliant if it’s minor though. 

41 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bit scunered after today to be honest, no longer top and injuries mounting up.  

Meh, a draw is always better than a loss. Things will work out, I'm not at panic stations just yet. A draw was fair.

More annoyed that Killie got a point than Partick tbf.

Edited by Roxanne's man
Patrick is SpongeBobs pal, no a fitba teem

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Bullen gave him a lot of free reign , which I'm not sure a lot of managers would be willing to do. Same with the defensive side of things.

Still early but worrying the amount of injuries already stacking up, you'd think it'd level out at some point otherwise we'll be stuck in second gear and eventually playing catch up to the top of the league

Just felt like one too many injuries today.  Losing Dowds, Rus, Murphy and McMann is too much at the moment.  Hastie, Walker and Bavidge contributed very little when they came on.  Maybe it’s just because I haven’t seen him for a while, but I’d need to be convinced McKenzie is a better centre midfielder than Syla.  

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Scunnered was maybe a bit much. Dowds didn’t look great at all the way he was hobling off head in hands. Brilliant if it’s minor though. 

Hopefully!

Ultimately, unbeaten and an excellent start to the season. Ensuring we took a point today when we were absolutely decimated. 

Watret showing several of our previous players how to play against Fitzpatrick too. 

17 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Just felt like one too many injuries today.  Losing Dowds, Rus, Murphy and McMann is too much at the moment.  Hastie, Walker and Bavidge contributed very little when they came on.  Maybe it’s just because I haven’t seen him for a while, but I’d need to be convinced McKenzie is a better centre midfielder than Syla.  

No need to be convinced ,he's not

26 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Other than two slack passes towards the end McKenzie was very good today. 

He also plays an entirely different role in central midfield to Syla. 

Not a McKenzie fan but I thought he had a decent game as well. Ben Dempsey was his sensational self.