The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I thought big musonda strolled the game today never really put a foot wrong although don’t think him and walker suit each others game. 

we 100% need a striker to play with Dowds. Thought bavidge did ok when he came on but don’t know if he’s cut out for this level although it’s still really early in his time with us. 

watret was unreal and young Russell was horrendous imo 

46 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Did you, or anyone else, hear Chick Young greeting because he asked Brown about his Champions League nights at Celtic and Brown basically told him to f**k off? Didn’t hear it myself but heard about it.

Since Sportsound is on 2-7 today I rewound and found that. Was discussed at 15:02 and seemed to be at a producers request for a soundbite for their programme on Tuesday for the Celtic game. Daft thing to ask another clubs manager pre-match. Could easily have asked to arrange something another day rather than try to make Brown sound rude on national radio.

4 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Since Sportsound is on 2-7 today I rewound and found that. Was discussed at 15:02 and seemed to be at a producers request for a soundbite for their programme on Tuesday for the Celtic game. Daft thing to ask another clubs manager pre-match. Could easily have asked to arrange something another day rather than try to make Brown sound rude on national radio.

What did Brown say?

33 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I thought big musonda strolled the game today never really put a foot wrong although don’t think him and walker suit each others game. 

we 100% need a striker to play with Dowds. Thought bavidge did ok when he came on but don’t know if he’s cut out for this level although it’s still really early in his time with us. 

watret was unreal and young Russell was horrendous imo 

That’s a bit harsh - Russell is nineteen and made one poor error but was generally good with his feet and came with confidence to collect two set pieces through bodies late on too. 

I’m not sure he is ready to be a number one at this level, but he wasn’t horrendous. 

Felt our biggest problem today was the midfield. Dempsey was great but he was being asked to be the more advanced midfielder between him and Syla. We’re an entirely different team with Dempsey dropping deep and starting moves. Syla was ok but having him in there and Rus further forward just disjointed things a wee bit. All of Rus’ best bits came when he got the ball on the left and ran at Baird. 

We do need another forward though. There were times where Henderson and Rus got to the byline and had no one to cross or pass to. Oakley occupies centre halves but there needs to be someone else there to stick the ball in the net. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

That’s a bit harsh - Russell is nineteen and made one poor error but was generally good with his feet and came with confidence to collect two set pieces through bodies late on too. 

I’m not sure he is ready to be a number one at this level, but he wasn’t horrendous. 

Russell was fine in the second half imo. He came and claimed a lot of high balls that younger goalies would’ve left after the calamity in the first half. His kicking out was better than Stone as well imo. He used Musonda and Watret as out balls to good effect rather than just aiming for Oakley. 

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

What did Brown say?

They asked him privately and he declined. Chick Young then told the Celtic story to the other pundits as he seemed annoyed that Brown refused to answer questions about speaking to St Johnstone, both his first and last questions were on that topic which again Brown rightly refused to engage with.

At times it was extremely scrappy but delighted with 3 points, especially against that loathsome gang. 

Thought our back 4 were excellent today, Musonda was unbeatable in the air I thought he hada great game.

We did miss Dowds though. At times Oakley looked isolated, not sure who we could bring in as a striker. It was good to see Rus back he's a vital player for us. 

Hows that 'big' Perth club doing? You know the one with two brilliant strikers, a European history, a millionaire owner and a long pedigree of f**king around in the lower reaches of the self-preservation league. 

Reckon Broonie didn't need much advice to make his decision.

Yip I agree about Musonda  was my MOTM. Pity he lacks pace or he’d be some player. I think Dempsey was pushed further forward to give us more of a goal threat. Keeper did fine but we really need Stone back. Stanger had shaky game and McAllister was solid. I also agree Oakley needs support.

6 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Hows that 'big' Perth club doing? You know the one with two brilliant strikers, a European history, a millionaire owner and a long pedigree of f**king around in the lower reaches of the self-preservation league. 

Reckon Broonie didn't need much advice to make his decision.

Not sure if the two best strikers in the league are playing tonight, or if one has been loaned to Celtic. 

During the week I couldn't understand why Brown would talk to St Johnstone, but now I've seen their massive new telly I get it.

Edited by Iain