The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Shibuya said:

McCall will still get a job in the lower leagues if he wants it, such is the small talent pool of managers in Scotland. I still think he has it in him to do well, could see him taking over at Airdrie if McCabe's results keep going as they are. 

I don't see him taking over even a league 1 Airdrie such is his stock at the minute. Feels like things are passing him by with this sacking and he's kinda getting phased out as a manger. He will, and hasn't, never had it as good as he did with Ayr.

Doc told a story about McCall wearing a Partick Thistle jacket to training while employed with Ayr United which is deeply embarrassing imo. I had previously heard Stevo mention it however hoped he was just giving off better ex vibes. 

I did a "McCall" with one of my work hoodies

New company doesn't have this type of FR hoody that I f**king love, so I stitched the new company badge over the top of the old one 🤣

33 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

will he be on the bench for Peterhead and not be announced as to not give away our tatics

He's fae Peterheid anol

3 hours ago, mugen_power said:

I did a "McCall" with one of my work hoodies

New company doesn't have this type of FR hoody that I f**king love, so I stitched the new company badge over the top of the old one 🤣

Fully half my t-shirts these days are work swag. More than once I've had to postpone a meeting after discovering I was wearing one advertising the wrong company, or at times a rival.

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Doc told a story about McCall wearing a Partick Thistle jacket to training while employed with Ayr United which is deeply embarrassing imo.

I mean he'd manage fine at Airdrie where at least half of the people at the ground on any active day are wearing old firm tops.

I like McCall. I like that even though he constantly, publicly talked about how tinpot Ayr's setup was at the time he was correct, but that it also seemed to rub off on him to the point where he'd even try to make the sex pest caravan a respectable outfit. That's why I don't want to see him squinting in the pishing rain in a pair of football shorts on a Tuesday night in his middle age. People should be allowed to retire.

27 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Is McLennan actually any good? Career just looks a bit meh. 

He seems to have largely played out wide most of his career, bar a few appearances up front at each club. He did seem to get some decent game time for Aberdeen across a couple of seasons, so there must be something there…

He did spend a year on loan at St Johnstone, so @RandomGuy.

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He seems to have largely played out wide most of his career, bar a few appearances up front at each club. He did seem to get some decent game time for Aberdeen across a couple of seasons, so there must be something there…

He did spend a year on loan at St Johnstone, so @RandomGuy.

Someone described him as a "speedboat without a driver" and it's hard to describe him any better than that.

Lots of pace and big guy but zero idea how to use it. We got the odd moment where he bursts past a defender then whipped a great cross in but then he couldn't do the same thing again for months.

He was in a dreadful Saints side built to play without wingers though.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Is McLennan actually any good? Career just looks a bit meh. 

A guy who showed a lot of promise early but has lost his way, we are giving him probably his last chance to make it in full time football. It’s working for Jake Hastie….

image.gif.7e41c9b58c253e49e6b297fe8d0f97df.gif