The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Decent result against fairly strong opposition. Good to see Moffat and McGuffie amongst the goals. 

However the line up still shows were a good bit shot of where we need to be.  McCall and Cameron have both mentioned how important progression is in the league cup in terms of increasing the budget. We’re in a pretty tough group . Livingston are a premiership team while Falkirk have a really strong team for league 1 and should walk that division. On paper at the moment I’d say they have s stronger team than us. Stranraer are also no mugs either and will no doubt raise their game against us. To stand any  chance of progression in the league cup I think we need another three players. If we get that and progress hopefully it will allow us to get another couple in before the Morton game. 

I'm real geek for squad numbers looks like Moffat is our new number 10 was Forrest last year Geggan has took 7 from Moffat wonder if Forrest had taken 11 from McDaid also looks like Doolan is number 8. all the rest of the players had their squad numbers from last season, yes I know I'm sad.

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I'm real geek for squad numbers looks like Moffat is our new number 10 was Forrest last year Geggan has took 7 from Moffat wonder if Forrest had taken 11 from McDaid also looks like Doolan is number 8. all the rest of the players had their squad numbers from last season, yes I know I'm sad.

A striker wearing number 8. 

89EDE6E8-D7AD-4491-94F5-AB430CCC5E80.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Don’t worry , they have the same numbers as last season , new strips only arrived the other day and are being named and numbered now ,this is a kit just thrown together for the friendlies , only a couple of minor changes where players have left I think one of their  numbers have been taken , other spares just awaiting names !!!

Edited by Robbo63

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

A striker wearing number 8. 

89EDE6E8-D7AD-4491-94F5-AB430CCC5E80.jpeg

I have nothing to back it up, but i'm certain that the reason Shankland was still a ridiculously good price for first goal scorer / anytime scorer with the bookies until mid September was due to his squad number - they had Craig Moore (9) as favourite every game ubtil then even though he hardly got on the park!

I have nothing to back it up, but i'm certain that the reason Shankland was still a ridiculously good price for first goal scorer / anytime scorer with the bookies until mid September was due to his squad number - they had Craig Moore (9) as favourite every game ubtil then even though he hardly got on the park!
Yeah that's definitely how bookies price the markets.

[emoji38]

3 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
13 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Yeah that's definitely how bookies price the markets.

Can't see any other reasoning for it.  Was the exact same scenario at Dunfermline when Andy Ryan was almost always their favourite FGS despite hardly ever starting.   Shankland was probably nearing 20 goals before they started reflecting that in the odds. 

Rose made his debut for Coventry today and looks like he did well got 7.5 out of 10 more of intrest for me was Reise Allassani was not even in the squad wonder if that's one that we could look at again as we we very interested last season before it fell through due to him playing for two clubs already that season.

We need a minimum 2 players in next week but ideally we’d get 3.

I’ve no idea how close McCall is with signings but going by what Robbo said there could be some announcements this week.

I’ve no idea how close McCall is with signings but going by what Robbo said there could be some announcements this week.
If I remember correctly both Murdoch and Doohan signed the week of the first Betfred cup last season, I would like to think we should have more than enough for the Berwick game but ideally you like some bodies in before the livi game a week on Tuesday.

38 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
43 minutes ago, D said:

If I remember correctly both Murdoch and Doohan signed the week of the first Betfred cup last season, I would like to think we should have more than enough for the Berwick game but ideally you like some bodies in before the livi game a week on Tuesday.

I’m sure I read somewhere, can’t for the live of me remember where that all players needed to be registered by this coming Thursday to play in the betfred group stages. 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m sure I read somewhere, can’t for the live of me remember where that all players needed to be registered by this coming Thursday to play in the betfred group stages. 

It was the Thursday before the opening game last season that Doohan, Murdoch and Ferguson signed so you could well be right. 

I reckon 3 in.  Doohan, young loan striker, midfielder. 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You might be right, IIRC we signed Doohan and Murdoch on the Thursday before the Betfred Cup started. The consolation is players might be desperate to get signed up in order to feature in those games. 

@Skyline Drifter, can you shed any light on this please?