The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
5 hours ago, D said:
We need a minimum 2 players in next week but ideally we’d get 3.

I’ve no idea how close McCall is with signings but going by what Robbo said there could be some announcements this week.

If I remember correctly both Murdoch and Doohan signed the week of the first Betfred cup last season, I would like to think we should have more than enough for the Berwick game but ideally you like some bodies in before the livi game a week on Tuesday.

If I remember right, though, Murdoch had been training with the team all through preseason and playing in the friendlies. Doesn't seem we're that close with anyone this year.

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

You might be right, IIRC we signed Doohan and Murdoch on the Thursday before the Betfred Cup started. The consolation is players might be desperate to get signed up in order to feature in those games. 

@Skyline Drifter, can you shed any light on this please?

Not aware of any such rule. The only requirement as far as I know is that all players are fully registered before kick off. If there is someone in the office at the SFA to process it you could in theory sign someone at noon on Saturday and still play them that day. 

Last season we signed Michael Doyle and Callum Semple on the Friday before the Betfred. Semple needed international clearance which was only received on the saturday morning. Doyle played in the game. Semple was an unused sub but available.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Guest Flash
58 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not aware of any such rule. The only requirement as far as I know is that all players are fully registered before kick off. If there is someone in the office at the SFA to process it you could in theory sign someone at noon on Saturday and still play them that day. 

Confirmed in last season’s regulations where 8.1 only said that players had to be League Registered. The 19/20 regulations aren’t publicly available yet, as far as I can see.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/League Cup Regulations 2018-19.pdf

See loan deals for Ryan Hardie and Glen Middleton seem to have fallen through, after saying the other day we'd have no chance with Middleton i wonder if things could change and we might have half a chance, would be some signing if we could pull it off but still seems very unlikely.

Also does anyone think we could get Hardie?, was at Livingston in the premiership last season so Gerrard might want him sent back out to that level but could be worth a shout, as close to a prolific scorer in this league as we'll probably get after how many he scored for Livingston in the championship.

See loan deals for Ryan Hardie and Glen Middleton seem to have fallen through, after saying the other day we'd have no chance with Middleton i wonder if things could change and we might have half a chance, would be some signing if we could pull it off but still seems very unlikely.
Also does anyone think we could get Hardie?, was at Livingston in the premiership last season so Gerrard might want him sent back out to that level but could be worth a shout, as close to a prolific scorer in this league as we'll probably get after how many he scored for Livingston in the championship.

Were we in for them?

I thought we might’ve had a slim chance with Middleton but there’s no chance Hardie was ever coming here. The rumour was Blackpool are interested in buying him outright which pretty much rules us out.

I’d say Rudden is a more realistic shout but even then unlikely.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Think with us playing Rangers development/non first team squad team on Tuesday,   McCall must be having a look at one or two of their players 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Were we in for them?

I thought we might’ve had a slim chance with Middleton but there’s no chance Hardie was ever coming here. The rumour was Blackpool are interested in buying him outright which pretty much rules us out.

I’d say Rudden is a more realistic shout but even then unlikely.

I knew Middleton was enquired about apparently and we were told no chance he's going down south,  Hardie was just a wild suggestion from me because he is supposed to be going out on loan and agree with Rudden being more releastic but can't see it, think he'll go to Dundee. 

Just now, rb123! said:

I knew Middleton was enquired about apparently and we were told no chance he's going down south,  Hardie was just a wild suggestion from me because he is supposed to be going out on loan and agree with Rudden being more releastic but can't see it, think he'll go to Dundee. 

Only issue with Rudden is that he seemingly had an injury and is rumoured to be out until end of August 

40 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Think with us playing Rangers development/non first team squad team on Tuesday,   McCall must be having a look at one or two of their players 

Rangers team - Hogarth, Houston, Maxwell, Finlayson, Williamson, Dorrans, Palmer, Dapo, Atakayi, Murphy & Dodoo.

that was the team that started against Stirling Albion yesterday. Dapo Mebude scored twice. 

Rangers team - Hogarth, Houston, Maxwell, Finlayson, Williamson, Dorrans, Palmer, Dapo, Atakayi, Murphy & Dodoo.
that was the team that started against Stirling Albion yesterday. Dapo Mebude scored twice. 

I know Mebude is really highly rated but I’m hoping it’s not him. He’s only 17 years old and with Moffat and Doolan as our only fit strikers I’d rather have someone who’s at least played at a senior level before. There’s obviously no guarantee that a striker who’s played senior will do well but having seen highlights of the guy he’d get battered about by centre backs in this league.

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is Dodoo the guy who was at Leicester City the year they won the title, now that could be some signing.

Is Dodoo the guy who was at Leicester City the year they won the title, now that could be some signing.

Aye but he only played 1 game so I wouldn’t so he played a huge part.

He’d probably do fine at this level tbf.

I know Mebude is really highly rated but I’m hoping it’s not him. He’s only 17 years old and with Moffat and Doolan as our only fit strikers I’d rather have someone who’s at least played at a senior level before. There’s obviously no guarantee that a striker who’s played senior will do well but having seen highlights of the guy he’d get battered about by centre backs in this league.
Zack Rudden wasn't much older than Mebude this time last year and he did very well for a rubbish Falkirk team, I'd take him or the Finnish boy Serge Atakayi

Zack Rudden wasn't much older than Mebude this time last year and he did very well for a rubbish Falkirk team, I'd take him or the Finnish boy Serge Atakayi

Looking at Zak Rudden he looked as though he could physically cope at this level. He also had a decent record at various youth levels with Scotland. He was a gamble that massively paid off and along with Doohan was probably the best loan signing anyone in our league made last season.

I’ve never seen Atakayi so I can’t comment.

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
15 minutes ago, D said:

He’s no finished. He’s only 20.