Arbroath v Dumbarton | Dumbarton v Arbroath | Championship Play Off Semi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first goal is a cracker. Not sure why Hutton got some pelters for the winner. Not many 'keepers would have went for that cross.

Has Stirling put on the beef? He looks on the chunky side, not good with a year left on his contract for us.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

The first goal is a cracker. Not sure why Hutton got some pelters for the winner. Not many 'keepers would have went for that cross.

Has Stirling put on the beef? He looks on the chunky side, not good with a year left on his contract for us.

I havent noticed any change in him. It might just be our strip that looks different. He has also played pretty much every game he could and I can't remember him ever being subbed off either.

5 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

I think we all agree that Froxy is a luxury, but, isn’t Handling too? I’d certainly say that Froxy is a better luxury.

I'd be very happy to see Froxylias start in Handling's role. It's a forlorn hope though, as he has not played a single minute in 6 of our last 7 games.

Looks like Alloa in the final too for whoever gets through. Massive opportunity.

Heard a few of our fans saying similar last night but I'd rather take on Raith than Alloa.

For a start Alloa have a plethora of guys released by Aitken looking for revenge but more worringly they seem to be a team in real decent form right now. We comfortably disposed of Raith in the cup earlier this season (one of the most dominant I've seen us for a long time) as well which would give us a bit of confidence heading into a final against them.

I'd imagine either team would be difficult opponents, probably not a great deal in it in all honesty.

I watched Alloa against Ayr a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed with them. Guys like Taggart, Fleming and Graham are the type of guys you want on your side in a playoff battle.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He had a cracking second half last night Stirling, taking on his opponent & getting decent balls into the box.

Nope. Stirling is one of these kinda small, stocky muscley guys. I mind him taking his shirt off after a game last season and he looked ripped to shreds. I seen another Queens fan call him overweight recently but you can tell its muscle rather than fat. It actually goes in his favour as he's still fairly pacey but has some real strength on the ball.

Nade was also a victim of being called overweight when he first joined us but he was just built like a brick shithouse. Unfortunately his size actually hindered him at times with injuries IMO. Can't be too kind on the joints having to support that sort of weight in a sport like football.

Seagal played pretty decently. Why he was taken off for Russell is beyond me

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Heard a few of our fans saying similar last night but I'd rather take on Raith than Alloa.

For a start Alloa have a plethora of guys released by Aitken looking for revenge but more worringly they seem to be a team in real decent form right now. We comfortably disposed of Raith in the cup earlier this season (one of the most dominant I've seen us for a long time) as well which would give us a bit of confidence heading into a final against them.

I'd imagine either team would be difficult opponents, probably not a great deal in it in all honesty.

I watched Alloa against Ayr a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed with them. Guys like Taggart, Fleming and Graham are the type of guys you want on your side in a playoff battle.

The one good thing about taking on Alloa is that they might just run out of steam. They must have been at their best to beat Ayr and then again to get a draw at Starks Park. Beating Raith last night and then getting through on Saturday would mean they have probably peaked four games in a row. Would they be able to keep that going for another two games?

Anyway it probably doesn't matter who we play as we will play for a draw until ten minutes to go. It's the only tactic we have.

I wasn’t meaning that cross in particular, just in general, last 5 minutes balls just kept getting pumped in to our box and he never came for one, we cleared it and came right back at us.

So disappointed in the way we finished that game.

I wasn’t meaning that cross in particular, just in general, last 5 minutes balls just kept getting pumped in to our box and he never came for one, we cleared it and came right back at us.

So disappointed in the way we finished that game.

Apologies, I just skimmed comments and assumed it was the goal folk were referring to :)

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye he didn't look any slower right enough. With any luck he'll be given a chance with us next season.

With any luck Naysmith will think he's too fat, and will tear up his contract, allowing us to keep him.

I'm a huge fan of Andy Stirling. He's perfect for a club like us.

Archived