Arbroath v Dumbarton | Dumbarton v Arbroath | Championship Play Off Semi

Apologies, I just skimmed comments and assumed it was the goal folk were referring to [emoji4]

Some people might have thought that but was hard to tell from other side of ground. I spent the last 5 in with the Dumbarton fans for a quick exit to the motor so seen the horror show defending up close. All over the place

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not sure why Hutton got some pelters for the winner. Not many 'keepers would have went for that cross.

He actually makes a terrific save from Barr's initial header but just can't push it far enough away.  In saying that, I thought he was terrible last night. We floated so many balls into the box, a good number being within the 6 yard box and he was stuck to his line every time. If we still had Nade I reckon he'd have bagged a couple last night attacking cross balls.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

With any luck he'll be given a chance with us next season.

I hope not.

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Seagal played pretty decently. Why he was taken off for Russell is beyond me

The one good thing about taking on Alloa is that they might just run out of steam. They must have been at their best to beat Ayr and then again to get a draw at Starks Park. Beating Raith last night and then getting through on Saturday would mean they have probably peaked four games in a row. Would they be able to keep that going for another two games?

Anyway it probably doesn't matter who we play as we will play for a draw until ten minutes to go. It's the only tactic we have.

Aitken's Army wouldn't know who to support.

Whilst that has worked in our favour, I've never understood why appeals take 4-5 days to be heard. Give the club 24 hours to lodge an appeal and if they lodge one hear it on the Monday or Tuesday.  We don't play games on a Monday, we do play games on a Tuesday but if the appeal is heard earlier that day and any ban is immediately imposed then it solves this loop hole that clubs are using.

Dougie Hill will slot into Barr's position no problem, I don't expect he'll be as much of a threat from set pieces though.

Absolutely no problem with Dumbarton using the loophole, but how hard is it for a referee or whoever to go on YouTube and watch the highlights and see it’s a clear red card. 4 days in between sending off and the game.

Annoying as f**k but well played from Dumbarton.

United fans informed me that it was the same two guys who scored against them however long ago in what was probably your last win too.

Some finish for the first after watching it back in fairness.

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Annoying as f**k but well played from Dumbarton.

United fans informed me that it was the same two guys who scored against them however long ago in what was probably your last win too.

Some finish for the first after watching it back in fairness.

Yip, Barr got two headers in that game from crosses from the left, he's terrific at attacking balls and arguably we haven't made enough use of it this year. Calum Gallagher has been largely disappointing for us but in recent weeks has been proving his worth, he worked his socks off last night.

A fear of defeat consumes Aitken.

This is pretty much my perception of his thinking from the outside looking in. A defensive setup to frustrate the likes of Hibs, Dundee it's, etc.. is a smart gameplay and was evident early on in his reign.

Now it just seems to be playing with the fear of losing a goal against anybody.

Just watched highlights, dunno how we only scored one and dunno what went on at the end. Think we sneaked it but a draw was probably fair so really sore to lose that.

Some save from Gallagher from Yules header.

7 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

I'd be very happy to see Froxylias start in Handling's role. It's a forlorn hope though, as he has not played a single minute in 6 of our last 7 games.

I just think Froxylias has a habit of coming up with something magical even if he is a luxury. He'd have had more scope last night than in the league games. Arbroath fought hard and had plenty chances but it was a much easier shift than we've had in recent weeks. 

Watching it again aye the first one was ruled out.  For the second one he definitely wasn't offside and I think it was followed by a goal kick?

Awryt. Never realised you meant the second one, harsh to call it a miss, would’ve been a belter of a goal if he put that in.

Archived