Arbroath v Dumbarton | Dumbarton v Arbroath | Championship Play Off Semi

3 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I thought at least a draw was a fair result on Wednesday night as for 70 minutes we controlled the game albeit we were under the cosh the last 10-15 minutes when our legs went.

I would not have taken off McKenna as we missed his height and hassling and if anything i would have brought on Whatley to help out in midfield and just left McIntosh up front with the 2 wide men supporting him and took the draw but i can also understand DC trying to snatch the win as his starting line-up was a team trying to get the victory as it was attack minded.

I thought Bobby was our best player with TOB, McKenna. Ricky, Martin and Swanks excellent and the other players all getting pass marks but i did think we were crying out for Pongos creativity in central midfield, so what if he cannot run his passing ability is a joy to watch, he played 3 through balls when he came on against Airdrie which were superb, get runners next to him and let him pull the strings.

An absolute farce them getting to play Bell who was superb and scored the 93rd minute winner, him and his central defender won everything in the air so lets play it on the deck.

Only half-time and we can still win this, C'Mon the Red Lichties.    

Hopefully we can appeal it this weekend based on mistaken identity.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aye, Froxy is actually pretty decent at using his wee arse to protect the ball.

Regardless of that Froxy is a match winner. He could do f**k all for 75 minutes and ping one in from 30 yards and his place in the team would be justified. His set piece ability alone makes him worth a start.

When we're starting with two CDMs we should be able to accommodate him in the team. The main issue is that in classic Aitken fashion he chooses to deploy him in the wide position 90% of the time where his defence flaws are exposed more.

If Aitken had any sense at all he'd start Froxy in the middle and look to get an early goal.

I agree with pretty much all except the first part.

4 hours ago, Consolidate said:

I disagree.

Irrespective, Daniel is going to get the nod and can hopefully, finally justify why he's worth a start in such an important position ahead of the competition. 

He cost us a goal early this season when he just fell over under a "challenge". I use the term loosely as it wasn't even muh of a challenge he just fell over and the opposition went up and scored. He has done that quite often this season.

I agree he has quality though 100%, just a shame he hasn't shown it for a few months (this isn't me saying that DH has been a better option).

2 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I thought at least a draw was a fair result on Wednesday night as for 70 minutes we controlled the game albeit we were under the cosh the last 10-15 minutes when our legs went.

I would not have taken off McKenna as we missed his height and hassling and if anything i would have brought on Whatley to help out in midfield and just left McIntosh up front with the 2 wide men supporting him and took the draw but i can also understand DC trying to snatch the win as his starting line-up was a team trying to get the victory as it was attack minded.

I thought Bobby was our best player with TOB, McKenna. Ricky, Martin and Swanks excellent and the other players all getting pass marks but i did think we were crying out for Pongos creativity in central midfield, so what if he cannot run his passing ability is a joy to watch, he played 3 through balls when he came on against Airdrie which were superb, get runners next to him and let him pull the strings.

An absolute farce them getting to play Bell who was superb and scored the 93rd minute winner, him and his central defender won everything in the air so lets play it on the deck.

Only half-time and we can still win this, C'Mon the Red Lichties.    

Barr was the player not Bell and TBF Arbroath would have done the same.Farce or not you have to use the system to your advantage.

As for the game tomorrow, that last minute goal could cut two ways.Either the Lichties had the stuffing knocked out of them because of it(EXTREMELY UNLIKELY WHEN DC IS YOUR MANAGER)or it acts as a spur based on feeling hard done by.Consequently it may be the case that Sons go on the defensive to eek out a draw(wrong choice when faced with such a dynamic striker as is Bobby Linn) and play a low key game.Personally I hope SA has the team fired up and start the game as if it were 0-0.There is a lot that could go wrong tomorrow.The team with the better attitude will prevail -sans doubte.

3 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

I agree with pretty much all except the first part.

He cost us a goal early this season when he just fell over under a "challenge". I use the term loosely as it wasn't even muh of a challenge he just fell over and the opposition went up and scored. He has done that quite often this season.

I agree he has quality though 100%, just a shame he hasn't shown it for a few months (this isn't me saying that DH has been a better option).

I'm quite aware that Froxylias has cost us goals this season. It doesn't alter my view that he offers more than Daniel both defensively and offensively.

And he might have had a better chance to demonstrate his quality in the last several weeks if he hadn't spent most of that time collecting splinters at the expense of inferior players.

3 hours ago, Consolidate said:

I'm quite aware that Froxylias has cost us goals this season. It doesn't alter my view that he offers more than Daniel both defensively and offensively.

And he might have had a better chance to demonstrate his quality in the last several weeks if he hadn't spent most of that time collecting splinters at the expense of inferior players.

I haven't once disagreed or argued here about who offers more in any role. I can understand why he hasn't featured every week though.

13 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

BARR or BELL he was a good player and the system is a farce!!

To be honest, I think this favours the Lichties. This tie was always going to be about the second leg. Dumbarton may regret appealing that red card.  We have one of the best away records ever under DC and have nothing to fear and little to lose today.

Archived