Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old stand is where the noise is generated. We would have made lots of noise in there. Surprised that we are handing that opportunity to the away team in such an important match.

The old stand is where the noise is generated. We would have made lots of noise in there. Surprised that we are handing that opportunity to the away team in such an important match.

I agree. We should use every angle available. It was standing room only up at their square shaped tattie field park on a slope.

1 hour ago, Velazquez Blue said:

I agree. We should use every angle available. It was standing room only up at their square shaped tattie field park on a slope.

Must admit surprised at this decision. 

Last year in our vital match against EK the old stand was bouncing with lots of atmosphere generated by the Cowden faithful. 

Personally would be housing the Cove fans in the terracing although I know the terracing faithful love the terracing and sometimes are dissapointed in such segregation but in such a vital match housing all the Cowden fans on one side makes best sense rather than spread about as might not have same impact noise/atmosphere wise 

11 hours ago, PELE said:

Going by the Cove support last week I'd be surprised if we heard much noise from them. Was one of the quietest matches I've ever been at - you certainly wouldn't think that they had a chance of promotion.

29 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Most of the extra noise generated in the old stand comes from people grumbling about how shite the view is.

Nothing wrong with the view in the old stand.  An absolutely brilliant place to watch a game from especially when there's a big crowd of folk in there.  I'll never ever forget Greg Stewart scoring after 10 seconds against Hibs in the cup and me moving about 5 rows further forward in the bedlam that followed. 

There's lots of things to slag Central Park off for but the old stand isn't one of them.

I am a bit surprised by the move, but I do much prefer to be on the terracing. Its easier to exchange pleasantries with opposition players from there as well. The atmosphere in the stand was good to start with last year but faded quickly. Partly due to half the folk there being calm neutrals (I have no probs with that) and half the folk getting more and more nervous.

19 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

What turnstiles for the away stand tomorrow?

Turnstiles all next to each other at car park main entrance to ground. The far side turnstiles haven’t been open for a few seasons.

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:50, Velazquez Blue said:

Pot calling the kettle black, the Central Park pitch is usually like something you expect to see Bear Gryllis crawling out from.  All to play for both teams tomorrow not sure who will come through. Obviously if we are stuck in this division next season Cove would be handier for us but good luck to both teams. 

31 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Pot calling the kettle black, the Central Park pitch is usually like something you expect to see Bear Gryllis crawling out from.  All to play for both teams tomorrow not sure who will come through. Obviously if we are stuck in this division next season Cove would be handier for us but good luck to both teams. 

Not really, the Inverurie playing surface is awful, even worse than Peterhead’s.

Nothing wrong with the view in the old stand.  An absolutely brilliant place to watch a game from especially when there's a big crowd of folk in there.  I'll never ever forget Greg Stewart scoring after 10 seconds against Hibs in the cup and me moving about 5 rows further forward in the bedlam that followed. 
There's lots of things to slag Central Park off for but the old stand isn't one of them.

Are you forgetting the shitty wooden seats, the pylons and the fucking fence?

Doesn’t seem to bother the petrol heads. Strange that.

I think that's mainly because stock car fans are for the most part simpletons and as long as they can here an engine and cars crashing into each other their quite happy. Cars are also quite a lot larger than footballs which does help.

You don't build a football ground trying to keep people like that happy.

Archived