Aberdeen European Tour 2018/2019

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Don't think the striker's the only issue. A left-back too. 

You'd like to think that two of Ferguson, Forrester or Gleeson will be able to replace Christie. 

I'm sure you're an avid watcher of the Dons, so you can can confirm that at this stage in the season Aberdeen look better than they have done for years.

Every single August, people write Aberdeen off. And yet every single year, we do pretty much OK in the following season.

Get a striker in, and I see no reason why we won't improve yet again .

They've just been overcome by a much better team with the legs inevitably going in extra time, but you do wonder how far beyond the already impressive level they've reached Aberdeen could go if they had a centre forward to be a physical presence who actually had the slightest modicum of footballing ability rather than someone like Cosgrove who can't kick a ball.

Imagine how much more threatening they could have been in their time in Burnley's half tonight if it was Louis Moult up there rather than that absolute carthorse.

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Don't think the striker's the only issue. A left-back too. 

You'd like to think that two of Ferguson, Forrester or Gleeson will be able to replace Christie. 

Gleeson already contributed as much tonight as Christie did the second half of the season.

Battling performance from Aberdeen but wrong tactics from McInnes for me. No idea why McGinn who was their best player was taken off. Cosgrove was like playing with 10 men and should've been hooked much earlier.

Burnley through in the end as expected, but well done to Aberdeen for making a game of it until extra time. A good British cup tie.

Shove your “British” up your cunthole

They've just been overcome by a much better team with the legs inevitably going in extra time, but you do wonder how far beyond the already impressive level they've reached Aberdeen could go if they had a centre forward to be a physical presence who actually had the slightest modicum of footballing ability rather than someone like Cosgrove who can't kick a ball.
Imagine how much more threatening they could have been in their time in Burnley's half tonight if it was Louis Moult up there rather than that absolute carthorse.

A much better team ?

Aye OK...

[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm sure you're an avid watcher of the Dons, so you can can confirm that at this stage in the season Aberdeen look better than they have done for years.

Every single August, people write Aberdeen off. And yet every single year, we do pretty much OK in the following season.

Get a striker in, and I see no reason why we won't improve yet again .

I'm pretty sure I agreed with you, m9. 

Archived