Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

A good performance, but after getting carried away after winning the League Cup in the group stage last season, I’m not going to read too much into it for now.

What was Skelly doing at the end? Clean through and rather than shooting he waits and looks for a penalty with a daft dive.

3 minutes ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

Zach Paris was an outfield substitute tonight and possibly will be again on Saturday.

He was an outfield sub on Saturday as well. 

Pleasantly surprised by that tonight thought we defended well again and took our chances, can't really have asked for more considering it was pretty much a free hit before the game.

Groups pretty open now after that mental result with cove and Spartans, hopefully get a couple more players in before Saturday now.

Seems you lads are signing Arran Cocks on loan from us after he's announced. Can't tell you much other than he was a trialist for us in a couple games and seemingly looked okay. I believe he played at rb and rm/rw.

7 hours ago, Muirton Saint said:

Seems you lads are signing Arran Cocks on loan from us after he's announced. Can't tell you much other than he was a trialist for us in a couple games and seemingly looked okay. I believe he played at rb and rm/rw.

To add to this, he seems to be a right footed dribbly boi winger. Played on both flanks for England's youth sides and the youth sides in England.

Was on trial with Hull City's youths earlier this year and scored, but never signed permanently.

Has a self made highlights reel, which obviously only show his best bits.

Zero idea what level he's at or how useful he'll be tbh. This loan is his first go at senior football so it could go either way.

10 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Pleasantly surprised by that tonight thought we defended well again and took our chances, can't really have asked for more considering it was pretty much a free hit before the game.

Groups pretty open now after that mental result with cove and Spartans, hopefully get a couple more players in before Saturday now.

Yes I agree with this, defended very well, as we always did last season too, definitely think we will be hard to beat again this season, and if we take our chances as we did last night, then we might be in a better position come May. But as someone has already said, after getting carried away at this stage last season, I'm not going to get too excited just yet.

What is Skelly doing again? Just get your shot away. He done this a couple of times last season, looked for a penalty, very frustrating.

On 16/07/2024 at 21:43, Bridie Vision said:

Well I got the score right. Just the wrong way around 😅

That was a turn up for the books, see what happens on Saturday. 

I fell for this optimism nonsense at this stage last season - am I going to fall for it again? 🤨

4 hours ago, Port Talbot Loons said:

I fell for this optimism nonsense at this stage last season - am I going to fall for it again? 🤨

It probably is optimistic but we might draw with Cove!

On 18/07/2024 at 14:01, Bridie Vision said:

It probably is optimistic but we might draw with Cove!

Was standing at Balmoral Tuesday night watching an abysmal home team performance, completely disjointed, no identity, and no options to change it from the bench whilst Forfar were winning impressively away against Championship Dunfermline.

Loons at home must really fancy their chances and could well be favourites.

No better time to beat us and likely be 1 win away from getting to the group stage after narrowly missing out last year.

Short away journey so will be down at Station Park.

1 minute ago, speedframe said:

Good effort all round today, Cannon put some shift in all over the park, Taylor's long throws are going to be an asset I reckon.

Quite like Taylor , direct and fast.  

Cannon looks handy also which has surprised me although it’s early days 

Relatively Happy enough with that, cove looked better than I thought they would after taking 5 off Spartans on Tuesday.

We did look pretty tired after about half an hour which was to be expected after having 3 full time teams in 7 days and a small squad.

Marc as ever was back to his best again today, always feel confident when it goes to penalties with him in goal.

Cocks looked like he has something about him when he got the ball, seems quite physical too which is nice considering he's only 18.