Kieran Tierney

9 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

^^
This is everything wrong with the mindset.   

You might be right and KT might become slower, lose his remarkable reading of the game, become more timid in the tackle and lose his attacking instincts if he crosses the border.   I trust he'll play at the same level he played in the champions league.   He's rather obviously a better player than Wan-Bissaka or John McGinn.   You only need a TV set and an interest in football to see this.  

You're really coming across as a moron with this patter. Nobody is saying that Tierney will suddenly forget how to play football.

And even more of a moron if you don't understand how valuation fluctuates depending on certain factors each player has.

Anyone who thinks these valuations are just done on level of ability of the player clearly doesn’t understand how this works.

A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for him.

He’s also clearly worth far more to Celtic than he is to Arsenal, who already have two perfectly competent left backs and could look elsewhere if required.

He’s also clearly worth far more to Celtic than he is to Arsenal, who already have two perfectly competent left backs and could look elsewhere if required.
Yep. Players of his calibre and higher are easily acheivable for Arsenal. Celtic can only luck out in terms of developing or unearthing someone that good.

30 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Indeed. Also £20m is a far bigger sum to Celtic than it is to Crystal Palace, hence they require something more substantial to sell their prize assets. England operate in a different and frankly ridiculous market to us, like it or not.

English players are also "worth" more down there because the teams need to fill quotas.

As others have said, it's completely pointless trying to argue how much money a player is worth, especially when it's silly money getting thrown about in football. 

Tierney v Robertson is a pointless argument until KT finds the balls to leave.

An amateur player could be s*** hot at his level, be the best in the league. But if he stepped up to junior The chances are he would become just another run of the mill player because the guys he was playing against were faster, stronger and generally better players.

KT stands out a mile against Chris Kane and Greg Stewart but it’s a bit different coming up against Augero and Salah

17 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

I'm Grahame.   He's got me on FB and he was my 2nd pick for best man - but he turned it down because he'd booked up Tummel Valley holiday park for a long weekend.    Which was fair enough but he could of cancelled.    I thought he would but he didn't.   He's like that though.    

I’d already paid the £50 deposit Grahame, and as you well know it was non-refundable.

I'm Grahame.   He's got me on FB and he was my 2nd pick for best man - but he turned it down because he'd booked up Tummel Valley holiday park for a long weekend.    Which was fair enough but he could of cancelled.    I thought he would but he didn't.   He's like that though.    
I heard he asked to only be selected as best man if he was actually going to get a starting slot for the speech. Hope you've frozen him out of future marriage plans.

8 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
On 01/07/2019 at 20:57, This time Perthshirebell said:

I heard he asked to only be selected as best man if he was actually going to get a starting slot for the speech. Hope you've frozen him out of future marriage plans.

Gordon, that's such a Grahame joke

1 hour ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Any thoughts on this from the people on here guffawing about £25M for a player (Tierney) from a diddy league?

Tottenham are leading Atletico Madrid in the race to sign Spanish midfielder Dani Olmo, 21, from Dinamo Zagreb in a £27m deal. (AS, via Star) 

aye but he's spanish and scottish folk are wee idiots

He's worth £10 million tops. Not seeing anything that suggests otherwise.

Celtic really seem to think they are something special winning a piss poor league, where most teams recruit from league two in England, again and again with a massive budget. Yet in europe you get utterly destroyed and players like Tierney are shown up to be the average players they are.

Edited by red23

On 11/07/2019 at 10:09, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Any thoughts on this from the people on here guffawing about £25M for a player (Tierney) from a diddy league?

Tottenham are leading Atletico Madrid in the race to sign Spanish midfielder Dani Olmo, 21, from Dinamo Zagreb in a £27m deal. (AS, via Star) 

Diddy league? Croatia were the World Cup finalists last year. 

From that article - "The 21-year-old was a standout star for Spain as they won the Under-21 European Championship."

A playmaker, who was the standout star, is targeted by Spurs and Atletico.

But you apparently think that he's worth less than Tierney even though no one will pay Celtic's daft price. 

Get a  grip, Fud! 😂

Edited by Bishop Briggs

7 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Diddy league? Croatia were the World Cup finalists last year.  

2 of Croatia’s 23-man squad from the World Cup played their football in Croatia. What the f**k’s your point?