Kieran Tierney

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If Celtic want to stifle the career of one of Scotlands brightest talents over receiving money now or in 12 months, they're nothing but fucking fannies.

To be fair Celtic's priority is Celtic. Understandable really. The player isn't going to suddenly regress. If they keep him another year then they'll be delighted. If they get a better deal than that which is currently on the table then again its shrewd business. To have a player who isn't applying pressure to get his move gives them a strong hand.  

6 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

To be fair Celtic's priority is Celtic. Understandable really. The player isn't going to suddenly regress. If they keep him another year then they'll be delighted. If they get a better deal than that which is currently on the table then again its shrewd business. To have a player who isn't applying pressure to get his move gives them a strong hand.  

I think he's been regressing for quite a while now actually.  If he moves this summer you're looking at one of the best LB's in the world in two years, if he stays much longer he'll never realise his potential. He's in a comfort zone up here, 80% or more of the games he plays are simply far too easy for him. Even the European games he plays against top side his team get pumped so he isn't benefiting much from that either.

1 hour ago, Kuro said:

I think he's been regressing for quite a while now actually.  If he moves this summer you're looking at one of the best LB's in the world in two years, if he stays much longer he'll never realise his potential. He's in a comfort zone up here, 80% or more of the games he plays are simply far too easy for him. Even the European games he plays against top side his team get pumped so he isn't benefiting much from that either.

He won't regress

But he won't progress and become the player he should be

Plus they overplay him to a state of injury, even though had good second left back

Can't think of any reason for him to stay

Accepting a deal where Arsenal pay the rest of the fee if they win the league within 4 years would have been shameful. It was a laughable offer.

Imagine going into a shop and asking to buy something, but saying you'll pay 70% now and they'll get the rest if you get a better job within the next 4 years. 

I would love Tierney to leave, but any suggestion that Celtic behaved poorly is wide of the mark. 

On 23/07/2019 at 12:16, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Both sides come out of this looking pretty bad.

Celtic for being so fussy about getting the £25M upfront, and Arsenal for not being able to afford it up front.

I don't think being fussy has anything to do with it. The installments were unrealistic - from what's being reported actually getting too £25m would have been impossible as it's based on PL/European success.

On 24/07/2019 at 11:46, velo army said:

Accepting a deal where Arsenal pay the rest of the fee if they win the league within 4 years would have been shameful. It was a laughable offer.

Imagine going into a shop and asking to buy something, but saying you'll pay 70% now and they'll get the rest if you get a better job within the next 4 years. 

I would love Tierney to leave, but any suggestion that Celtic behaved poorly is wide of the mark. 

That's absolutely standard practice.  70% is actually high, usually about 50%.  I would be astonished if Celtic have ever pair a transfer few in full up front.

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There's a difference between guaranteed installments and performance-based installments. I doubt Celtic would have been too bothered with the former, but Arsenal's offer seems to have included the latter.

That's true but to suggest 70% up front is in any way abnormal or unreasonable simply isn't true.

Matt Targett has just gone to Villa for a fee of between £15 million and £17 million, as such Celtic should be looking for £25 million + up front before they entertain ANY sort of bid from anyone.

Leicester have also just signed some League 1 diddy for between £8 and £10 million, a 21 year old full back who's played the majority of his career at league 2 level with one season in league 1.

I mean, honestly !!

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Matt Targett has just gone to Villa for a fee of between £15 million and £17 million, as such Celtic should be looking for £25 million + up front before they entertain ANY sort of bid from anyone.

Leicester have also just signed some League 1 diddy for between £8 and £10 million, a 21 year old full back who's played the majority of his career at league 2 level with one season in league 1.

I mean, honestly !!

Irrelevant. Home grown players will always have an inflated transfer fee in England. If Tienery was home grown, he’d go for £50 mill. But he’s not.

9 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

Irrelevant. Home grown players will always have an inflated transfer fee in England. If Tienery was home grown, he’d go for £50 mill. But he’s not.

Do they not only need 8 out of 25+ ?

Surely they'd be better just registering their own youth players rather than pay fortunes for fringe players from other clubs who'll never see the light of day or be loaned straight back out ??

Just seems totally mental if you ask me.............

22 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Do they not only need 8 out of 25+ ?

Surely they'd be better just registering their own youth players rather than pay fortunes for fringe players from other clubs who'll never see the light of day or be loaned straight back out ??

Just seems totally mental if you ask me.............

Becoming rare to find 8 players worthy of being in a squad. Some clubs have registered less than 25 players because they can’t meet the quota.  Man City for example. Youth players don’t have to be registered up to a certain age. Not many of the top teams even try to give youth a chance now anyway. 

It is a simple and demand business like any other. English trained players are massively in demand so the price goes up. 

22 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Looks like the stories linking him with Napoli have been fabricated bullshit.

Obviously trying to force Arsenal’s hand and didn’t work.

I wonder who makes up such crap ? Not done anything to help the boy.

Agents

46 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

Becoming rare to find 8 players worthy of being in a squad. Some clubs have registered less than 25 players because they can’t meet the quota.  Man City for example. Youth players don’t have to be registered up to a certain age. Not many of the top teams even try to give youth a chance now anyway. 

It is a simple and demand business like any other. English trained players are massively in demand so the price goes up. 

Does Oli McBurnie still count as a homegrown Englander even though he plays for Scotland ? 

I'm assuming he does since some bunch of nutters just bid £18 - £20 million for him !!!

Christ, it's really becoming surreal now...............

Does Oli McBurnie still count as a homegrown Englander even though he plays for Scotland ? 
I'm assuming he does since some bunch of nutters just bid £18 - £20 million for him !!!
Christ, it's really becoming surreal now...............
He should do. Been on the books at English clubs since he was a wee boy.