Kieran Tierney

On 18/08/2023 at 11:54, GHF-23 said:

Not wanting to merge with another thread but this is where placing a great deal of weight on what manager's tell you falls down imo. Why believe your lying eyes when a manager with clear motivations to be economical with the truth tells you something 

Yip, it's now been proven as nonsense from Arteta, not that there was any doubt before. I don't really understand why he just lied about it though. 

I'd rather he went to the best fitting club at the highest level, but I can understand why he might want to move to Celtic. It's better he's there than not playing at all. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Hopefully he stays in England or moves abroad and doesn't opt for the obvious, easy choice.

I hope so as well well but to be fair, it depends on his options right now. Anywhere he’ll get a game must surely be his preference right now.

6 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I hope so as well well but to be fair, it depends on his options right now. Anywhere he’ll get a game must surely be his preference right now.

True, you'd imagine Celtic have already enquired about a loan move.

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

True, you'd imagine Celtic have already enquired about a loan move.

Lot of murmurings on the #ITK grapevine suggest it's happening. Likely won't be until the last day or two of the window i'd imagine.

It'll be beyond surreal seeing him back, and i can't wait to see what sort of nonsense we/Desmond comes up with to pay (likely) half of his wages. Cut of the burger van profits, the half time draw going straight into his pocket every week etc. Scottish football's answer to Hulk Hogan's WCW contract basically. 

Edited by Fratelli

Just now, Fratelli said:

Lot of murmurings on the #ITK grapevine suggest it's happening. Likely won't be until the last day or two of the window i'd imagine.

It'll be beyond surreal seeing him back, and i can't wait to see what sort of nonsense we/Desmond comes up with to pay (likely) half of his wages. Cut of the burger van profits, the half time draw going straight into his pocket every week etc. Scottish football's answer to Hulk Hogan's WCW contract. 

Would the 'creative control' part of it being soft penalties for Celtic and/or random red cards for the opposition should Celtic not be winning a game?

Just now, TheScarf said:

Would the 'creative control' part of it being soft penalties for Celtic and/or random red cards for the opposition should Celtic not be winning a game?

Doesn't have to work house shows (midweek cup ties in winter)

Edited by Fratelli

4 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

It'll be beyond surreal seeing him back, and i can't wait to see what sort of nonsense we/Desmond comes up with to pay (likely) half of his wages. Cut of the burger van profits, the half time draw going straight into his pocket every week etc. Scottish football's answer to Hulk Hogan's WCW contract basically. 

I get why this is exciting for Celtic fans but if you have to pay a good 30-50% of his £120K a week wages then would that not be way above anyone else at the club? For what is in reality an injury prone left back. If you are willing to pay someone £60k a week would that not be better on a semi proven exciting 21yr old striker who can get you 30m in a few years?

5 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

OVER

Real Sociedad would be a decent move for a loan, its just my opinion but arteta is making an absolute arse of this and will be proved wrong majorly.

I still believe hes one of the best left backs around, if he can stay injury free I expect he would prove himself there. And by the end of the loan expect he would have bigger better options.

Or this may end up biting me on the arse, but I cant see it. Hes an amazing player.