Kieran Tierney

44 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

I do agree, but he doesn't seem quite as made of glass as he used to be. Can't really recall the last time he was injured since that Euros game and he has played a decent amount. Arsenal have plenty of more broken left backs.

I was thinking about this today. Since missing the Czech Republic game, he was injured for the June 2022 camp which was obviously a huge blow and then he missed the game away to Ukraine the following September, but I'd say his availability's been average at worst since coming back in 2020. 

On 02/07/2023 at 11:06, Satoshi said:

See no evidence Arsenal are trying to get shot of Tierney at all.

What I saw online, could be bollocks, was that Arteta was very keen for him to stay as he could thrive in a new 3 at the back formation he wants to use next season.

On 28/06/2023 at 01:18, Satoshi said:

The news reports a few weeks ago was that Arteta was desperate for him to stay.

^^^ this is a man who knows about football.

1 hour ago, The Algebraist said:

I do agree, but he doesn't seem quite as made of glass as he used to be. Can't really recall the last time he was injured since that Euros game and he has played a decent amount. Arsenal have plenty of more broken left backs.

Is this not partly because he hasn't been playing 180 minutes a week for Arsenal though?

15 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Their correct full name in my youth was ‘John Toshack’s Real Sociedad.’

Will see how he does against Gary Neville's Valencia.

41 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

San Sebastián a lovely town too. I’d love to play my fitba there.

That’s if I wasnae 57 and shite. 

Yes, only been there once but really liked it.  Sure they had more bars per square foot than anywhere else.....

Great move for him especially as they are in the Champs League - absolute nap they draw both Celtic and Arsenal now.

6 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Yes, only been there once but really liked it.  Sure they had more bars per square foot than anywhere else.....

Great move for him especially as they are in the Champs League - absolute nap they draw both Celtic and Arsenal now.

Tierney not a drinker so doesn't matter to him although might be a fun place for me and my wife to visit one day.

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

That's up there with Partick fans trying to say they aren't Partick, it's Thistle or Partick Thistle.  

Chatting pure pish.  

Can you point out to me where Sociedad is on a map then?

Anyway, I just wanted to make the "no such thing as Sociedad" joke, even though it's a shit joke.

4 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Sociedad usually only sign Basque players so I'm a bit surprised at this. Unless Tierney being born on the Isle of Man has something to do with it.

I think it was mentioned a few pages back that it’s Bilbao who have that policy.

15 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

Can you point out to me where Sociedad is on a map then?

Anyway, I just wanted to make the "no such thing as Sociedad" joke, even though it's a shit joke.

Are you suggesting it's not Real?