Kieran Tierney

Real Sociedad will not be pursuing a permanent deal for Kieran Tierney and have turned their attentions to another target, according to reports in Spain. Apparently he has failed to impress.

Back to 5th choice at Arsenal after the summer.

Edited by Chewing Taffies

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Benched.

Rotated. You can tell because Oyarzabel and Merino were on the bench as well and apparently they’ve started 3 kids.

On 19/01/2024 at 15:44, Chewing Taffies said:

Real Sociedad will not be pursuing a permanent deal for Kieran Tierney and have turned their attentions to another target, according to reports in Spain. Apparently he has failed to impress.

Back to 5th choice at Arsenal after the summer.

I know you are probably on the wind up but I don’t think that’s at all true. He’s pretty much in the first 11, and plays when they want to play a strong team. 

I don’t think they ever could afford to buy him. that was the reason there’s apparently no option to buy in the loans agreement. I’ve read other reports that there may be a plan to use him in a deal as apparently Arsenal want the Sociedad midfielder Zubimendi. 

Edited by Jambomo

6 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

By my reckoning he was sitting on the bench and not the rotate.

Lucky to get on @39 minutes while they we cursing to victory. Lucky to get in the Euro squad at this stage of his downwards spiral career. 

On 21/01/2024 at 16:55, No_Problemo said:

The player that Tierney seems to rotate with has done his cruciate. No idea if they have anyone else that could play that role… 

Looks like they’re signing another LB to cover the injury then.

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

You have to wonder how much damage Celtic and Brendan Rodgers done to his body as a kid. 170 games before the age 22, only 140 in the 5 years since. Not good.

He should sue them. 😃

He had injury problems as a kid but it wasnt Rodgers but Lennon who really fucked him tbh. He had a hernia and shouldn't have been playing some games when he could barely move. We went without a back up left back too for a bit resigned the guy who we punted because his legs had gone (Izzy). 

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He had injury problems as a kid but it wasnt Rodgers but Lennon who really fucked him tbh. He had a hernia and shouldn't have been playing some games when he could barely move. We went without a back up left back too for a bit resigned the guy who we punted because his legs had gone (Izzy). 

It also seemed to me that KT just wanted to play no matter what.

Other players would stub their toe and then need 6 weeks to recover - iirc one Scottish cup final KT was taken to hospital and made it back for his medal. 

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

It also seemed to me that KT just wanted to play no matter what.

Other players would stub their toe and then need 6 weeks to recover - iirc one Scottish cup final KT was taken to hospital and made it back for his medal. 

Yeah would agree often players are their own enemy for that. Sometimes the manager needs to make that decision for them though. NGL I was nearly greeting seeing KT's jaw hanging off at the Scottish cup final lifting that trophy and kissing the badge, became a full on fanboy after that.

Edited by gannonball

• 3 weeks later...

There's a decent interview with Tierney in The Grauniad.  He's clearly loving his time in the Basque Country, culturally and in terms of his football.  I know his homesickness when he moved to London has been a bit of a theme of this thread, but as he says at the end here he's a bit older now and has adapted to life there well.  Worth a read.

1 hour ago, A Diamond For Me said:

There's a decent interview with Tierney in The Grauniad.  He's clearly loving his time in the Basque Country, culturally and in terms of his football.  I know his homesickness when he moved to London has been a bit of a theme of this thread, but as he says at the end here he's a bit older now and has adapted to life there well.  Worth a read.

Interesting that with the Euros only months away that article makes absolutely no mention of Scotland. 

34 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Interesting that with the Euros only months away that article makes absolutely no mention of Scotland. 

Coverage of Scottish sport in the Guardian is very, very bad. They did a  whole write up of the last six nations and mentioned us once at the end. 

They only care about him because he's on Arsenals books.

Edited by The Algebraist

22 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

Coverage of Scottish sport in the Guardian is very, very bad. They did a  whole write up of the last six nations and mentioned us once at the end. 

They only care about him because he's on Arsenals books.

I'm well aware that The Guardian isn't all that bothered with Scotland my concern would be what if neither is Tierney.