Dundee United 2018/2019

9 hours ago, MrDust said:

I cant believe Willo Flood is only 33

Aye, 33 with about 20 years experience! :lol:

He looks like what would happen if Richard O'Brien from the Crystal Maze got in the machine from 'The Fly' with an 80 year old corpse's scrotum!

images.jpg

7 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Players who are out of contract that I’d like us to go for:
Tom O’Ware
Abdul Osman
Jai Quintongo
David Templeton
Ziggy Gordon
Anthony Stokes
Craig Halkett

Afaik United are in talks with 3 of those players.

13 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Playing devils advocate here....

It's been said by quite a few Arabs on here that it looked like Shabba lost the dressing room early doors BUT before that the team were playing well under him. 

Could a few of the influential players in the team conspired against him to cause that?

Maybe that's known within the club and that's why he's been asked to stay on, maybe the board have okayed the clear out on that basis.

Gotta agree with this. When you look at how Csaba did in his previous 2 jobs it's clear he's got at least some semblance of managerial ability.  Really can't see the point in binning him, it's not like there's a queue of high calibre candidates kicking about to replace him. We'd prob end up with a Barry Smith if we did. 

Far better imo to just let laszlo assemble his own squad and get on with it. Unless he resigns Lyng, the he can gtf. 

McDonald joining the ragtag crew of released Dundee United shite. Announced as an afterthought at the very bottom of the article announcing the departure of the goalkeeping coach. Ouch.

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

McDonald joining the ragtag crew of released Dundee United shite. Announced as an afterthought at the very bottom of the article announcing the departure of the goalkeeping coach. Ouch.

"I had options in the Premiership and down south, but I believe that I can achieve success here," said McDonald.

"Being successful and enjoying my football is important to me and that means winning the Championship this season is the aim."

That worked out well for him.:unsure2:

2 hours ago, Buccanarab said:

Gotta agree with this. When you look at how Csaba did in his previous 2 jobs it's clear he's got at least some semblance of managerial ability.  Really can't see the point in binning him, it's not like there's a queue of high calibre candidates kicking about to replace him. We'd prob end up with a Barry Smith if we did. 

Far better imo to just let laszlo assemble his own squad and get on with it. Unless he resigns Lyng, the he can gtf. 

Some semblance of managerial ability?  He doesn’t know when to make substitutions, when he does they’re the wrong ones, he can’t get the team to stop taking quick free kicks even though they are awful at it, he brought on Emil Lyng in the first play-off semi-final  leg against Livi; Emil fucking Lyng.

Semblance of managerial ability my arse.

3 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Tom O’Ware
Abdul Osman
Jai Quintongo
David Templeton
Ziggy Gordon
Anthony Stokes
Craig Halkett

:lol: you’re being linked with a 25 year old Cove Rangers striker 

3 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Tom O’Ware
Abdul Osman
Jai Quintongo
David Templeton
Ziggy Gordon
Anthony Stokes
Craig Halkett

With our recent history of signing players who then spend the rest of the season out injured, Quitongo would fit right in.

Super player when fit, but way to injury prone i’d say.

41 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Some semblance of managerial ability?  He doesn’t know when to make substitutions, when he does they’re the wrong ones, he can’t get the team to stop taking quick free kicks even though they are awful at it, he brought on Emil Lyng in the first play-off semi-final  leg against Livi; Emil fucking Lyng.

Semblance of managerial ability my arse.

Yes, as I said if you look at back at his previous jobs you'll see he's clearly not as bad as you want to make out. 

United have been on the slide since long before he arrived and it's obvious that changing manager every year hasn't worked, isn't working and will continue not to work. 

But let's say you get your way and he goes. Who's your go to guy that's gonna somehow make us romp the league next season? 

5 minutes ago, Buccanarab said:

Yes, as I said if you look at back at his previous jobs you'll see he's clearly not as bad as you want to make out. 

United have been on the slide since long before he arrived and it's obvious that changing manager every year hasn't worked, isn't working and will continue not to work. 

But let's say you get your way and he goes. Who's your go to guy that's gonna somehow make us romp the league next season? 

“Want to make out”?  Seriously?

Who said anything about “romp the league”?  It doesn’t help the discussion if you just make things up.

My elder son has previously suggested Stuart McCall to me; I reckon he would do alright.