Dundee United 2018/2019

7hrs & not a peep...is it Ellis? Like Craig Easton was doing a great job with raith & thought of highly I believe. Surely this time we have to approach the broons for Wright. Think he needs new challenge. He'll get that awright!! I'll throw one in the mix...Jimmy McFadden??

19 hours ago, skinny arab said:

He has Jamie Robson levels of ability. It's shocking that our strongest starting 11 would arguably include Murdoch and Robson as the fullbacks, weakest positions in our squad in my opinion although the keeper certainly challenged that on Saturday. 

FYI I don't ever remember seeing Murdoch play at full back when at County.

Yet to my surprise he proudly wears the shirt that either proclaims him to be a "Number Two" (as he seems regularly to be described here), or a full-back. 

Regarding the full backs, most United fans seem to have a huge downer on Robson, and are taking Saturday as consolidation of that.

Yet I'd say he was only the most culpable for the cross at the second goal lost on Saturday, first was mostly Loemba, third the keeper, and the two in the second half he was inexplicably playing on the right side, with Aird on the left. Only switched back by Csaba as I recall when Murdoch, a far worse full back, made his cameo. 

I don't think Booth is a better left back option, from seeing him in the past and the few times with United.

But above is only an opinion. 

My question: was I seeing things when Csaba switched the full backs at half time, or was the support generally blinded by the overall performance and didn't see Csaba showing his final piece of tactical aptitude for the final time at Tannadice?

20 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

My question: was I seeing things when Csaba switched the full backs at half time, or was the support generally blinded by the overall performance and didn't see Csaba showing his final piece of tactical aptitude for the final time at Tannadice?

I remember this but don't think it was a deliberate move as it came from defending a set piece with both players ending up on opposite sides and it staying that way until there was a break in play. 

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Regarding the full backs, most United fans seem to have a huge downer on Robson, and are taking Saturday as consolidation of that.

Yet I'd say he was only the most culpable for the cross at the second goal lost on Saturday, first was mostly Loemba, third the keeper, and the two in the second half he was inexplicably playing on the right side, with Aird on the left. Only switched back by Csaba as I recall when Murdoch, a far worse full back, made his cameo. 

I don't think Booth is a better left back option, from seeing him in the past and the few times with United.

But above is only an opinion. 

I had high hopes for Robson going into the County game, his performances against Alloa and Falkirk were impressive.  The game on Saturday showed that when he’s up against a decent  team that he falls short.

Robson is really really poor positionally and is almost always unable to stop a cross into the box. 

He has been unlucky in that hes played under some seriously awful managers and in some god awful teams.

Still young enough to get better but he really needs to get the finger out and learn that he needs to improve his performances on the park.

21 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Hi guys,

Invite to the nearest watering hole to the ground for Saturday Hawkhill bowling club 100yards from the ground open from 12-30

food on sale pies,soup, all £ 1 and bowling club prices .

I'm doubtful the answer is 'yes', given the excessive costs for Bowling Clubs, but does the Hawkhill BC have Sky Sports?

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 06:57, stumigoo said:

To be honest my biggest hope in the short-term is that the players feel like a weight is lifted and they can play with a bit more freedom like they seemingly did when Ellis was in charge the last time. I'm not saying it was Ellis who gave them that confidence but everything I know about Laszlo points to the majority of the players not performing as they should due to bad man-management and confusing tactics. Every player in the squad should see this as a fresh start and a chance to impress (guys like Booth, Wardrop, Glass etc need to make the most of it).

We still desperately need a couple of decent results in the next few weeks to stay in touch with the top 3 or 4 sides in the division. The league table is still very tight bu tif we were to go winless for the next three games then we will be left struggling to play catch-up. 

Is Laurie Ellis in the running for the main post ? He seems a decent, likeable bloke who has (IIRC) done well in his previous spell as caretaker.

Give the boy his chance !!!