8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I’d written it off before we’d played a game. Raith will piss the league. All the sensible Sons fans (Moonster, BBPF, Lionel Wickson, OKIII, Howlin’ Wilf, Boghead Ranter, Ross Forbes) I’m almost certain would agree with me that the title wasn’t a realistic target. 

I would agree it wasn't, so why are we going nuts over the fact we're not in contention for it?

I have major doubts Aitken will turn this around, but the board feel after a discussion that Aitken is still able to achieve at least 4th place. I'm okay with that, but I would like to see improvement and sharpish, as I'm sure John Steele and his fellow board members do.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Not sure how I'll manage to sleep tonight now... 

So because no have a different opinion to you I'm the worst poster on Pie and Bovril? :lol:  This is a forum which is for debating things about your team. You're obviously a rather sensitive soul who should maybe stay off the internet for a bit. But who am I to question the almighty FifeSons?

In my opinion you you focus far too much of the negative side if things most of the time - you're not the only one. You seem like someone who must spend a lot of your time being angry.

Hope it is acceptable to give my opinion on a forum which is meant for exactly that and it is okay with you?

Get over yourself girlfriend, you're only the worst Sons poster on Pie & Bovril ;) ;)

Not been on for a while so have just read the last couple of pages. Jesus there’s some angry folk on here.

So here are my thoughts. A lot of folk wanted the club to be more open and honest when things happen. Since JS came in they have, he’s been on the supporters bus and they comunicate a lot more via the website. Can they do more, sure. I can’t wait for a time when the attitude around the club is US rather than US and them. Major strides have been made but more to come hopefully. 

The performances haven’t been good enough so far this season, no one can argue against that BUT I don’t believe it’s all the Managers fault.

1st if as reported the majority of the players are injuried then we need to trust that is the case and hope they recover soon.

2nd The players have to take responsibility for performances, once they cross the line it’s up to them. Yes tactics can be changed but being up 2-0 and loosing 3-2 isn’t acceptable at any level.

3rd The management team do make mistakes. SA can be very naive with tactics - at first I wrote it off as inexperience but the cup final and the playoffs were inexcusable. His media “chat” is terrible with the same lines being trotted out week in week out. That is nothing to do with money and more decision making.

4th If as many have reported that money is tight and has for a while then the board need to look at the type of contracts we are handing out. We have win bonuses etc surely there must be loss clauses. Managers and players shouldn’t be allowed to sit it out.

This season was always  going to be hard as we haven’t played a lot of teams for a while and we have a new squad. After the first 10 games we will have a better idea where we are.  

Last but not least stop the chat of good posters and bad ones.

Given that I (probably) have been watching The Sons for much longer than anybody on here*, I've seen some rotten teams and performances. The feeling then was just as bad as now, except we grumbled to each on the terracing, shook our heads, swore never to come back, but there we all were at the next game. Only message boards in those days involved using brass tacks.

The good thing is I've also seen some great teams and performances. Believe!

*If I say 'Bobby McGowan' and you say 'Who?' or 'Before my time', then my statement stands. :P

Given that I (probably) have been watching The Sons for much longer than anybody on here*, I've seen some rotten teams and performances. The feeling then was just as bad as now, except we grumbled to each on the terracing, shook our heads, swore never to come back, but there we all were at the next game. Only message boards in those days involved using brass tacks.
The good thing is I've also seen some great teams and performances. Believe!
*If I say 'Bobby McGowan' and you say 'Who?' or 'Before my time', then my statement stands. [emoji14]
There may well be a strong element of over-reaction running in this thread but we are definitely not in a good place, and to be honest I'd currently settle for staying up.

Yes, we have a pile of injuries but I'm not convinced that even if everyone was fit we'd suddenly be cutting a dash through this division.

Skyline Drifter and Francesc Fabregas have already identified a chronic lack of pace in our midfield and that really applies through much of the team.

The DFC Board is wise to be on the case and all options need to be on the table; as for the supporters, yes we stick with it but reserve the right to be critical as well as supportive.

I've also noticed a trend on here in which a dire Saturday performance has morphed by the following Thursday/Friday into a chorus of optimism. That's a cycle we need to break, and soon.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

There may well be a strong element of over-reaction running in this thread but we are definitely not in a good place, and to be honest I'd currently settle for staying up.

Yes, we have a pile of injuries but I'm not convinced that even if everyone was fit we'd suddenly be cutting a dash through this division.

Skyline Drifter and Francesc Fabregas have already identified a chronic lack of pace in our midfield and that really applies through much of the team.

The DFC Board is wise to be on the case and all options need to be on the table; as for the supporters, yes we stick with it but reserve the right to be critical as well as supportive.

I've also noticed a trend on here in which a dire Saturday performance has morphed by the following Thursday/Friday into a chorus of optimism. That's a cycle we need to break, and soon.

I think its the sole reason we keep coming back.......

1 hour ago, Sons Fan said:

3rd The management team do make mistakes. SA can be very naive with tactics - at first I wrote it off as inexperience but the cup final and the playoffs were inexcusable. His media “chat” is terrible with the same lines being trotted out week in week out. That is nothing to do with money and more decision making.

Last but not least stop the chat of good posters and bad ones.

To be fair to Stevie (for once), that's not unique to him.  Every post-match chat by every manager is a waste of time, it's like cliche bingo.

Also, I like the good/bad posters chat, as apparently I'm a good guy, not a w**k. ;):lol:

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

To be fair to Stevie (for once), that's not unique to him.  Every post-match chat by every manager is a waste of time, it's like cliche bingo.

Also, I like the good/bad posters chat, as apparently I'm a good guy, not a w**k. ;):lol:

I agree a lot of managers chat is rubbish but and maybe I’m wrong but it felt like previous managers we have had gave a bit more chat and honest opinion. 

Haha I’m glad your a good poster. It  reminds me of the I’m a better supporter than you chat.

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Just to clarify, every Sons fan is a good guy, apologies all :)

HE'S DROPPED KYLE HUTTON LADZ.

Still playing Grant Adam mind you, but that team doesn't look too bad.

Team - Adam, Ballantyne, Dyer, Dowie, Carswell, Gallagher, Forbes, R Barr, Spencer, Thomson, Loy - Subs - Perry, Little, Hutton, Russell, McGowan #sonsvmontrose

Archived