League Cup 2018/19 Group B

Put aside the financial and community aspect and you'd rather Falkirk played on the pitch they do than a decent/reasonable grass one?

Can’t speak for Bairney but I used to be cynical about artificial surfaces, and indeed there are definitely a few dreadful ones out there. However the one at Falkirk is so good you forget it’s artificial, and there are better developing artificial grasses being produced.

I’d say I’m sold on the high quality artificial surfaces over the grass ones, as you get a higher quality passing game than you do on a bumpy grass surface....

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the artificial surface arguement is pretty simple.

Is the best astro as good as a good grass pitch? No.

Is the best astro better than the grass pitch Falkirk were able to maintain in the seasons before it was installed... Aye.

Unfortunately not all clubs can maintain a good grass pitch so the product is improved by using astro.

Shame we've not qualified yet, as it would've been good to see some younger players get a start. McLean in the number ten role would've been the obvious one. 

Imagine it's a stick on we'll return to 4-4-2 with Scougall being ruled out. 

Only decision is over whether Kerr comes back in, and who plays beside Davidson in the middle. As you'd imagine Clark, Foster, Gordon, Tanser, Wright, Davidson, Kennedy, Watt and McMillan are all starting. 

Probably be miles out

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 23:15, PauloPerth said:

Astroturf pitches definitely do not improve the quality of a game for spectators.

Great for youth and recreational football, acceptable lower leagues if the only alternative is a quagmire poor quality grass park. But should be nowhere near our top professional league.

Correct.  25% of the top flight will have plastic pitches this season - an utter travesty.  

2 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Any decent parking options for away fans travelling to Bayview today? :)

I was hoping that the word "free" would feature in any replies to my query. Thank you!

The win is obviously the priority, to guarantee a place in the next round firstly, and preferably also a seeded one, but I'd also like to see us get a few goals. 

Its been the only thing missing so far, as performances have shown a steady improvement over the three games; but 2 goals in 3 games against lower league teams isn't great.

I'd also like a more comfortable end to the match! Montrose hitting the bar twice in the last 10 minutes and Falkirk having a corner and shot saved deep in injury time nearly cost us points in matches we should have had wrapped up by then.

Clark

Foster Gordon Kerr Tanser

Wright Davidson Craig Kennedy

Watt  Macmillan

picking Kerr purely cos it's Astro and to protect Anderson after a first game of the season on Tuesday. Anderson played well I thought, so equally happy if he stays in the starting eleven.

I've just seen one of the best goals I've seen here in years;
East Fife 1-0 Falkirk
Anton Dowds (24 mins)

Archived