League Cup 2018/19 Group B

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ali_91 said:

Who can forget their fans chanting in the Irn Bru Cup (not a clue) quarter final about the aforementioned Dean Shiels having one eye after their player O’Hara (not a clue) was banned for 8 games for mocking his disability. #falkirkclass 

Very good suggestion. Epitomises class.

A close second for me is consistently making hissing noises at opposition fans after their captain tragically died of carbon monoxide poisoning.  

Just need to look at some of the results of the eight Premiership sides, and the fact that none of them have 100% records so far, to realise how much a leveller it is playing early in the season. 

If we can finish with a win at Forfar on Saturday, it will be a job well done. If Montrose lose tomorrow night then we'll already be through, but really need the extra 3 points to stand any chance of being a seeded team in the last 16 and avoiding last season's top 4.

The thing we could be criticised for is only scoring 2 goals in the 3 matches. Obviously a few of our attacking players are new and still gelling, but would be nice to see a couple more goals on Saturday to give a bit of confidence before the season opener.

What's everyone's favourite moment of Falkirk having 'class in abundance'? Personally it has to be when hordes of them went to buy fake eyeballs so they could launch them at a disabled player and mock his disability. That was pretty classy.
Feel free to share other such great moments of 'class in abundance' here. 

I guess in St Johnstone land two idiots in two thousand is seen as hoards.
Hope hoards turn up for your first league game.....

Nobody is gloating. But we are a pishy Championship team with 13 new players trying to gel. Your the supposed established premiership team with a great manager. 

Pretend you're happy with 1-0 but we can all smell your bitter disappointment from here. 

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

Nobody is gloating. But we are a pishy Championship team with 13 new players trying to gel. Your the supposed established premiership team with a great manager. 

There's nothing supposed about it.

You did well to hold us to 1-0. Enjoy your open-top bus parade. 

6 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Pretend you're happy with 1-0 but we can all smell your bitter disappointment from here. 

images.jpeg

8 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Who remembers Falkirk's most recent season in the Scottish Premiership? The season in which they were relegated?  Good times. But seriously, who remembers it? I don't. 

I do as it was 8 years ago, however I suppose this coincides with your age so no wonder you can't  hahahaha hahaha 

ZIIIIIINNNNGGGGGG

image.gif.55e722b91e74cc7e03cb0fa00477a27f.gif

Oooft, you know it's bad when this patter starts getting dished out. Same thing Sevco fans use when their club has had another hilarious mishap.

Don’t see what’s so hilarious about this other than you in here posting at 1 in the morning, try again bud x

A Forfar win on penalties against Montrose puts Saints through. I think that's the only result that sorts it tonight. That would afford the manager a good opportunity at the weekend to get minutes into players like Comrie.

Good goal from Saints and some decent stuff at other times but hopefully a few more years to move through when the league business starts.
Not just the fact we've recorded four consecutive clean sheets but the performances of the centre halves offer encouragement and there should be really strong competition there this season. Anderson came in and proved a point whilst Gordon was arguably Man of the Match for the third successive game. He's surely played himself into the starting eleven at Rugby Park.
Where is the identity with Falkirk? A team virtually full of players nobody has heard of up here. Great support up on a weeknight but they must look at that group and feel a total disconnect. Maybe it's exciting having so many new faces but can you relate to them the way you did James, McPherson, Henry, McQuilken, Coyle etc... 

Agree with what you said there about Liam Gordon thought he looked solid and really impressive even although he didn’t have an awful lot to do. Along with Wright and Davidson were your best players imo. Thought Anderson looked quite shaky though and was disappointed we didn’t put him under more pressure and cause him more problems. In the second half Lewis only really squares him up once and breezed right by him.

For us we’re still very much a work in progress. Hartley has used the last 3 games to try out so far around 4 or 5 different formations and just to try and bed in all the new signings, so far we’ve got 13 with still another couple to go. With so many of the new boys coming up from England and never having played at this level before it’s of course going to time for them to settle. Time will tell if it’s going to prove successful or not but tbh I’m glad we’ve tried something different with our recruitment this summer rather than keep signing the championship level jobbers like we have done over the last 6 or 7 years and continue to be stuck in the Championship.

8 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Nah, we're being professional and treating these games as league games. When we're 1-0 up in the top flight it won't be sensible to go too gung-ho, as we might against lower league teams, as we'll get caught on the counter. Being happy and comfortable to sit with that scoreline late in the game is a skill you need in the top flight, the past two games should help us hold onto games this season. We've already seen an improvement, as Montrose created more in the last ten minutes than Falkirk did. 

These Cup games are all about getting into routines for the league. We're winning games, keeping clean sheets, and new partnerships on the pitch are forming. Exactly what you want as the league opener draws near. 

35 minutes ago, Russ said:

Time will tell if it’s going to prove successful or not but tbh I’m glad we’ve tried something different with our recruitment this summer rather than keep signing the championship level jobbers like we have done over the last 6 or 7 years and continue to be stuck in the Championship.

I do understand that but even in a Scottish market, Falkirk should surely be able to attract above the level of second tier jobbers? You were unfortunate to have Hearts, Rangers and Hibs in the league for three seasons but competed pretty well with them from what I saw, with a home-based squad? I'll just be surprised if this approach works but then you could level the same identity issues at Motherwell last summer and they had a good season, with the fans as connected to the club as ever, so who knows.

East Fife v Forfar Athletic Highlights

See that cheating shitehawk Easton still rubbing his face when he comes back on, aaarrgghhh, that really fucking still annoys me!!![emoji35]

Archived