Mexico v Scotland Sun 3rd June 2018

Enigma

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Only 1 of those 3 are Aberdeen players mate.

5 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

AEA82B55-CC97-459E-9C1C-7B599735DAFA.jpeg

9 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Em, Shinnie is the only one of those three that actually plays for Aberdeen. 

I appreciate I must be wrong here, who did they play for all of the 2017/18 season? 

Aye I need to get a grip. Imagine thinking they should be able to pass a ball 5 yards forward, trap it and get near your man along with other fundamentals.

yeah I can see I’m the problem here

Well, firstly, they make their living playing (Or in McGeouch’s case did) in the SPFL Premiership. And both have proven to be very decent players at that level. So they’re not stealing a living at all, and they’ve only been called up due to the unavailability of other players. Shinnie probably won’t get another cap bar situations like this.

This is excruciating. 

Mexico are playing very nice, short passing, with their players drifting everywhere. They're not playing ridiculous passes given the conditions, and their players are always close enough to each other. 

Our two central midfielders have been rotten: McLean's done nothing and McGeouch's done nothing right.

Russell occasionally looks sharp, but he's always coming inside to see very limited options available. 

Other than "the experience", I can't think of (m)any positives from that first half.

Mate travelled up from Belize for this. Turned out he's staying at the same hotel as the Scotland squad and Stephen O'Donnell scored him a free ticket with drinks and food included.

Sum boi :wub:

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I appreciate I must be wrong here, who did they play for all of the 2017/18 season? 

A central defender of course...

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

An excellent experience? What fucking planet is he on?

Tbf if we had a core of first team players this would be, if you were a footballer tasked with basically a holiday to south America to play against a great standard of player you'd think it would be glorious. 

Meanwhile Griffiths and Armstrong who have have injury hit/inconsistent campaigns have just binned it. 

While I'm critical of McLean and Shinnie they've had busier campaigns and both are there.

To be fair we have played like a team who is managed by an Alcoholic.

And I should know after watching the Reds under Steve Paterson.

Tbf if we had a core of first team players this would be, if you were a footballer tasked with basically a holiday to south America to play against a great standard of player you'd think it would be glorious. 

Meanwhile Griffiths and Armstrong who have have injury hit/inconsistent campaigns have just binned it. 

While I'm critical of McLean and Shinnie they've had busier campaigns and both are there.

Griffiths was at the Ireland game today waving his wee Tricolore in the stand.

Archived