West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

37 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, Junior Guy said:
Was just curious why you dont. Was thinking because you new the league was done already lol

I never have predicted my own team's results, just a superstition I have.

Fair enough but do you give predictions for the rest of the fixtures?

No, I don't feel I should if I don't predict my own. But I don't ask for predictions, I ask for thoughts. Most people just choose to make predictions.

17 minutes ago, glensmad said:
19 minutes ago, Junior Guy said:

No, I don't feel I should if I don't predict my own. But I don't ask for predictions, I ask for thoughts. Most people just choose to make predictions.

Fair enough mate

1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:

It's alright, every sunday he turns the league table upside down and there doing fine emoji6.png

Looking at the last two seasons, if we still had the old Ayrshire leagues, darvel would be sitting bottom of the first division and last season they would have been placed third in the second division. What this means is that the club has improved in the last 6 seasons from a bottom 3 Ayrshire district league side to a top 3 Ayrshire district league side who, as they did 30 years ago, got promoted, only to go straight back down again.

There have been great strides made in the last six or seven seasons from a club who struggled to survive for the previous 20 years, but they remain an above average district league side, both in terms of the team and the facilities.

What the Legend has done is to hide those efforts by making them a laughing stock amongst many supporter and to have made the club less popular than it would otherwise be.

Looking at the last two seasons, if we still had the old Ayrshire leagues, darvel would be sitting bottom of the first division and last season they would have been placed third in the second division. What this means is that the club has improved in the last 6 seasons from a bottom 3 Ayrshire district league side to a top 3 Ayrshire district league side who, as they did 30 years ago, got promoted, only to go straight back down again.
There have been great strides made in the last six or seven seasons from a club who struggled to survive for the previous 20 years, but they remain an above average district league side, both in terms of the team and the facilities.
What the Legend has done is to hide those efforts by making them a laughing stock amongst many supporter and to have made the club less popular than it would otherwise be.
Tbf I don't think he has made them a laughing stock at all
He has folk talking about them and every one has for good or bad now heard of Darvel which is good going for a small provincial Ayrshire side .
Everyone who goes to the games in the division knows they are never gonna get promoted and are average at best but still they take more than there fair share of columns on here .

10 minutes ago, Glenbuck Nosepicker said:

U reckon ? Ha ha gotw gets it no one else does , we are disappointed we are no in the mix this season but we will win as many games as we can to the end of the season then go again , what I do know is We will get stronger and stronger 

8 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Tbf I don't think he has made them a laughing stock at all
He has folk talking about them and every one has for good or bad now heard of Darvel which is good going for a small provincial Ayrshire side .
Everyone who goes to the games in the division knows they are never gonna get promoted and are average at best but still they take more than there fair share of columns on here .

That,s a bit like saying the elephant man put Leicester on the map.

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

U reckon ? Ha ha gotw gets it no one else does , we are disappointed we are no in the mix this season but we will win as many games as we can to the end of the season then go again , what I do know is We will get stronger and stronger 

Well you haven't actually progressed in the last 5 seasons, but maybe your time will come. Talking about it will not make it happen though.

I did expect them to do much better with the signings they made and the money they spent early on .

Suppose you can buy the best ingredients but if you haven’t got anyone who knows how to mix them all together you’ll struggle to make a decent cake .

After the start , staying in the division will be a good result and then you go again next year .

1 minute ago, Glenbuck Nosepicker said:

Well you haven't actually progressed in the last 5 seasons, but maybe your time will come. Talking about it will not make it happen though.

Don’t talk pish we have won a league 

semis of the west 

beat 2 super league teams in Scottish this season before unluckily getting knocked out by Largs who are doing no too bad in premiership 

if that’s no improvement I don’t know what is 

if we could have turned draws into wins we would be going for promotion this season 

Im Disappointed this season but I told my dad when he was dying a few years ago I with the help of others would make Darvel a top team so that he could look down on us and be one happy man , I along with them are going nowhere until that happens so whether that happens next season 5 seasons away 10 seasons away it will happen and know what I take all the stick when things don’t go our way and I will be more than happy when it does to see the comments 

5 minutes ago, CopaMundials said:

I did expect them to do much better with the signings they made and the money they spent early on .

Suppose you can buy the best ingredients but if you haven’t got anyone who knows how to mix them all together you’ll struggle to make a decent cake .

After the start , staying in the division will be a good result and then you go again next year .

I thought we would go up mate and said so , we won’t but we still have a nucleus of a very good team imo , we will go again