West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

36 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Tbf I don't think he has made them a laughing stock at all
He has folk talking about them and every one has for good or bad now heard of Darvel which is good going for a small provincial Ayrshire side .
Everyone who goes to the games in the division knows they are never gonna get promoted and are average at best but still they take more than there fair share of columns on here .

I have almost zero interest in junior football and have went to maybe 2-3 games this season , obviously I also now look on pie and Bovril . This is all down to the antics of the legend . I think the darvel thread is the most viewed on here that is down to him being intentionally controversial as well . Whether you like him or he annoys you he can never be called boring . 

4 hours ago, Glenbuck Nosepicker said:

Looking at the last two seasons, if we still had the old Ayrshire leagues, darvel would be sitting bottom of the first division and last season they would have been placed third in the second division. What this means is that the club has improved in the last 6 seasons from a bottom 3 Ayrshire district league side to a top 3 Ayrshire district league side who, as they did 30 years ago, got promoted, only to go straight back down again.

There have been great strides made in the last six or seven seasons from a club who struggled to survive for the previous 20 years, but they remain an above average district league side, both in terms of the team and the facilities.

What the Legend has done is to hide those efforts by making them a laughing stock amongst many supporter and to have made the club less popular than it would otherwise be.

The facilities are improving greatly. This season alone we have upgraded the bar area, put in a new toilet block, put in new showers and boiler in the changing rooms and we currently have approximately 80 advertising boards round the pitch. By the start of next season we will have a covered enclosure up , possibly a covered area for away fans and are looking to double the size of the bar/ hospitality area. Small steps but we will get there.

9 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

The facilities are improving greatly. This season alone we have upgraded the bar area, put in a new toilet block, put in new showers and boiler in the changing rooms and we currently have approximately 80 advertising boards round the pitch. By the start of next season we will have a covered enclosure up , possibly a covered area for away fans and are looking to double the size of the bar/ hospitality area. Small steps but we will get there.

Correct pal no worth going up to premiership if u don’t have facilities to cope with it but we are getting there slowly 

Any truth in the rumour that the Dalry manager has joined ranks with every other manager in the league and said after the match... " Darvel are the best team in the league, the only team that could challenge a team from the Premier. They played us off the park, and we were lucky to get a draw against them"  Na I didn't think so. 

Neilston 0-3 arthurlie

10mins of calamity defending etc in 1st half killed the game 

wee started game prob the stronger without troubling lie goalkeeper 

then went tits up in a 10minute spell and we were punished by a organised side 

after that just Never got going with arthurlie defence and keeper hving cigars out  

they could hv possibly added another in 2nd half too 

Onwards  wee go 

Worst thing that happened to Darvel was beating Talbot in Ardagh cup, maybe the players and fans thought the championship teams would be a skoosh after that result, or maybe that result put a target on Darvels back, with teams raising their game against the championship favourites,' they must be they beat Talbot for f@#k sake.

56 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Neilston 0-3 arthurlie

10mins of calamity defending etc in 1st half killed the game 

wee started game prob the stronger without troubling lie goalkeeper 

then went tits up in a 10minute spell and we were punished by a organised side 

after that just Never got going with arthurlie defence and keeper hving cigars out  

they could hv possibly added another in 2nd half too 

Onwards  wee go 

To be fair i thought Neilston started well without troubling Arthurlie. When Arthurlie scored their first they went on to show the gulf between the 2 teams.  James Marks was excellent today . Got a bit heated at times but thats what you expect at a local derby.  In all honesty it the easiest game the LIe have had against Neilston for as long as i can remember.

Neilston 0-3 Arthurlie

Thought the first 15-20 team neilston were bossing the game coming out the dominate side until arthurlie got the penalty after there keeper making an disaster of it then i believed that game turned in our favour with us picking it up showing why we are top end of table by bagging another 2 goals which all 3 goals came from del mcnab who seems to be the man of the moment. In the second half we dropped down a few gears but still could of step up a few if needed with neilston starting to turn a bit scrappy trying to get our players a few cheap yellows as they seemed to had chucked it would like to give a special mention to craig molloy and lee roulsten who i believed were excellent in the centre of midfield as i believed they totally bossed the game today 

Now next week we go up the inverclyde coast to parklea to face next port Glasgow in the west of scotland be weird watching in the terrace instead of watching it as a ref on the pitch 

Mon The Lie Now

Kilsyth running out 9-1 winners today, tbf to Larkhall they started pretty well and took a shock lead, after that it was one way traffic I'm afraid and should have been 4 or 5-1 at the break, Kilsyth missing a hatful of chances, far more clinical in the 2nd half and if I'm honest it could have been more, good luck to Larkhall, hope they get it right soon

2 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

Kilsyth running out 9-1 winners today, tbf to Larkhall they started pretty well and took a shock lead, after that it was one way traffic I'm afraid and should have been 4 or 5-1 at the break, Kilsyth missing a hatful of chances, far more clinical in the 2nd half and if I'm honest it could have been more, good luck to Larkhall, hope they get it right soon

Disagree with the 1st half thoughts as I thought Larkall could have went in ahead at half time, but 2nd half they were steamrollered and Kilsyth cut them open at will. Hard enough place to go never mind with a depleted squad. Can see why Kilsyth have a great home record. Confused why there not picking up points away from home though.

5 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

Disagree with the 1st half thoughts as I thought Larkall could have went in ahead at half time

Don't know what you were watching mate, but Kilsyth missed a load of chances and were denied a stonewall penalty when Scott Upton was brought down, believe me away form has been very confusing when we play the way we do at home