Premier League 2018-19

Concerning that Higuain has less goals than Morata this season. But him being up top allows Hazard to go back out wide and do what he does best.

It should be a front 3 of Hazard - Higuain - Pedro.

Pedro might not be blessed with pace but he's far more intelligent than Willian who just hasn't been good this season. Pedro's positioning and ability to read the game and lose defenders is second to none. A joy to watch.

Just now, NJ2 said:

Playing Morata or Giroud would allow this as well though?
Interesting signing though, see if it works for them

Obviously. But they've tried that and it isn't working. Hence why they've had to play Hazard through the middle and now bring in Higuain. Higuain looked in great form at the very start of the season for Milan and then suddenly went missing for 10-12 games and was utterly useless. Which I must admit I don't think was 100% down to him. He picked up some niggles along the way and looked forced back into the team a few times without being ready as they had no other strikers at the time due to Cutrone going through the exact same problems.

If he can keep his fitness up I imagine he'll bag 8-10 goals to close out the season.

Obviously. But they've tried that and it isn't working. Hence why they've had to play Hazard through the middle and now bring in Higuain. Higuain looked in great form at the very start of the season for Milan and then suddenly went missing for 10-12 games and was utterly useless. Which I must admit I don't think was 100% down to him. He picked up some niggles along the way and looked forced back into the team a few times without being ready as they had no other strikers at the time due to Cutrone going through the exact same problems.
If he can keep his fitness up I imagine he'll bag 8-10 goals to close out the season.

According to Wikipedia (I know) Morata has 9 goals in 24 games so far this season. I’m no great fan of him or anything and tbh haven’t seen much of Chelsea this season, just seems they’re answering an issue they’ve created with a solution very similar to one available. Rather I’m wrong and Higuian fucking bodies teams himself every week for entertainment value tbh

The problem with Morata is he’s not very good with his feet. Throw the ball in the box and he’ll score goals, but Chelsea won’t do that. Giroud is the opposite, very good with his feet and linking up, but in no way a natural goal scorer. Ironically if you could combine them you’d have a hell of a player.

For Chelsea to get the best out of Hazard and frankly he’s the player they should be building a team around, they need him wide left causing chaos. He can’t play upfront and it shows badly. Not his fault, but his game is not adapted to that leading role.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's the best striker Chelsea have had since Drogba.

Diego Costa, when he was mentally switched on, was superb. Giroud looks past it and Arsenal did well to cash in on him.

Morata has been poor, missing too many easy chances, as Costa's replacement. Atletico need to sell a striker to buy Morata,  

If I was a Chelsea fan, I'd rather have Costa back than Higuain. A swap deal could have been done but Sarri has got the player he wants.

Victor Moses is reportedly going to Fenerbahce on loan.