Football League 2018/19 season

He was perfectly reasonable. We were the better side and winning when he went off. For the rest of the game we were rubbish as we had no outlet. 

£11 million for Scott Hogan is a bigger robbery than Brink's-Mat. He might be the worst striker we have ever had, and I include Grant Holt in that. 

I'd even swap him for Gestede! 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

11 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

He was perfectly reasonable. We were the better side and winning when he went off. For the rest of the game we were rubbish as we had no outlet. 

£11 million for Scott Hogan is a bigger robbery than Brink's-Mat. He might be the worst striker we have ever had, and I include Grant Holt in that. 

I forgot about his Bristol City season and that he's just turned 20!

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Don’t be ridiculous. You’d be better just subbing him off and playing with 10.

Things seem to be beginning to click for Jack Ross at Sunderland. Another away win at Doncaster last night, a sell out 4100 following, second clean sheet in a row and now up to 3rd. Drawing games has been a problem so far this season but now managing to turn draws into wins while leaders Portsmouth falter again at home. Ha'way the Lads and all that.

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

Think Blackburns the only team Gestede was good at :lol: worked really well with Rhodes.

Disappointing result for Rovers in the end but fine margins. Went 1-0 up then Swansea equalised with a shot that hit the post then rebounded off the Rovers goalie and in and moments later they scored again. At 2-1 the Swansea goalie made a superb save from Dack and from the resulting counter attack they went up and made it 3-1.

Tough one at the Hawthorns on Saturday.

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Things seem to be beginning to click for Jack Ross at Sunderland. Another away win at Doncaster last night, a sell out 4100 following, second clean sheet in a row and now up to 3rd. Drawing games has been a problem so far this season but now managing to turn draws into wins while leaders Portsmouth falter again at home. Ha'way the Lads and all that.

Good to hear ! 

Guest Moomintroll
Absolute shocker of a start from Brentford. Frank out!
The comebacks on, Frank Lampard seems to have got the hang of that management lark pretty quickly going by how well Derby are playing.

Another big saturday this weekend:-

• Middlesbrough12:30Derby County

• Birmingham City15:00Sheffield Wednesday

• Bolton Wanderers15:00Hull City

• Bristol City15:00Stoke City

• Millwall15:00Ipswich Town

• Norwich City15:00Brentford

• Preston North End15:00Rotherham United

• Sheffield United15:00Wigan Athletic

• Swansea City15:00Reading

• West Bromwich Albion15:00Blackburn Rovers

• Leeds United17:30Nottingham Forest

The comebacks on, Frank Lampard seems to have got the hang of that management lark pretty quickly going by how well Derby are playing.
I was referring to Thomas Frank (Brentford manager. However, Lampard is doing a pretty impressive job at Derby. They're probably the best team I've seen play Brentford.

21 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Derby always play well until March or April. 

I lived down in/near Derby for 8 years (moved up to Dundee mid-2017). The Derby collapse is pretty much traditional by now. I know a fair number of their fans who just joke about it by now. However, Lampard seems to be doing a cracking job there. I wonder if they might not have their annual collapse this time...

Thats good that he is doing well. That league has been tough for scottish managers going down there. Have they got new ownership as well? Did they get rid of some of the mercenaries that were at that club as well?

Thats good that he is doing well. That league has been tough for scottish managers going down there. Have they got new ownership as well? Did they get rid of some of the mercenaries that were at that club as well?
Yep, new owner who made it his priority to get rid of the crap from the dressing room and basically start from scratch.

Signed plenty of good players at that level who actually want to be there as opposed to the dross on monumental contracts that the previous regime handed out like the Metro at a train station.