Football League 2018/19 season

Could see Villa going for Dean Smith of Brentford. He's a Villa fan and got the Bees in a good position.

Would be a shame to see him go as he has the team playing some nice stuff but he has zero plan B and only seems to know one formation which doesn't work in every game, especially away from home.
Dean Smith confirmed as off to Villa. Hard to gauge just how much influence he had at Brentford due to the way the club is run. No great loss in my opinion for the reasons in my original post, not the right man to take the club forward or to the Premier League. Ready made replacement already at the club in Thomas Frank who is highly rated by the board and other coaches.

With Terry as assistant. I really didn't want Terry or Henry as manager, too much of a gamble. Making one of them assistant seems more sensible.

Smith would have been somewhere near the middle of my list of preferences.

Still, happy to give him a chance, especially as he is a Villa boy. 

Welcome. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

With Terry as assistant. I really didn't want Terry or Henry as manager, too much of a gamble. Making one of them assistant seems more sensible.
Smith would have been somewhere near the middle of my list of preferences.
Still, happy to give him a chance, especially as he is a Villa boy. 
Welcome. 
The way the media have been going on you'd think it was Terry who was appointed manager. Can see Smith being emptied and John Terry promoted to manager by the end of the season.

I don't necessarily think so. If Villa do badly, Terry will be tainted by association and they will both go. If we do well, Smith won't be going anywhere but another club may be tempted to give Terry a manager's job. 

So the only way I see Terry getting our manager's job is in a Darren Moore-type situation where Smith is sacked but it's too late in the season to make it worth rushing to appoint a replacement. Terry takes over as caretaker and does well enough to be offered the permanent job. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

That is the best MONSTER SCRAMBLE STRAMASH I’ve seen in years. Thank f**k it never went in. Not entirely sure how it was a Boro free-kick, can only assume the ref had no fucking clue what was going on, which is fair enough in that shambles.

Some finish from Adam Reach, was always surprised he didn’t get more of an opportunity at Boro. Good win.

A pretty good performance from Middlesbrough with more adventure and passing on show than the Pulisball stereotype. Reckon they're the most likely side to get promotion by one way or another at the moment, as a Bielsa-team collapse isn't likely to happen there.

Deserved win for Boro. First half were by far the better team but were lacking a bit of creativity. Positive in the way they kept getting the ball forward.

Kept at it second half and Wednesday didn't take too long in giving away a couple of goals.

Reach with a peach that gave Wednesday some hope but Boro stuck to their task well.

I'd think Boro won't be far away from the top two places come May. WBA look decent too.

Another utterly incompetent referee at Griffin Park today. I know we talk a lot about officials being poor in Scotland but it seems to be next level in the Football League.

Bullshit. Try watching League 1 football. Then you see shite refs

13 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Bullshit. Try watching League 1 football. Then you see shite refs

Championship and below in England refs are woeful on the main part mate, trust me. 

Thoroughly enjoyable win for Rovers yesterday, especially with all the pre-match bragging over Leeds having 7,700 away fans and it being like a home game for them. Pity fans don't win points :D

Really frustrating game at the Riverside. Boro completely lacking in any real creativity tonight and yet have made multiple chances from deep crosses / corners that have been squandered, especially disappointing as the Rotherham keeper has looked absolutely terrified of any cross at all, flapping on every occasion. Rudy Gestede’s employment as a professional footballer continues to baffle.

Still not as frustrating as the commentator using the phrase “flatter to deceive” incorrectly on around five separate occasions though.