Football League 2018/19 season

West Brom lose 1-0 to Tony Pulis' Middlesborough courtesy of an injury-time free kick scored by a centre-back. Absolutely delicious.

The entire game was utterly hideous, but exactly what you would expect from a current Tony Pulis side (sans Adama Traore) against an ex-Tony Pulis side.

Delighted with the win though obviously.

On 25/08/2018 at 08:01, Brummie Clyde said:

Maybe they’ll even push for promotion.

On 25/08/2018 at 11:52, 7-2 said:

Could be this season's 'dark horse'.

QPR 1 Wigan 0. Bloody football. :lol:

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

0-0 away to Leeds is a good result. We are fucking woeful to watch though. Gone Full Pulis now Adama is away.

Bit harsh. I thought it was a decent game for a 0-0.

33 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

I thought we played quite well. We didn’t have any real chances though, as without Braithwaite we have no pace going forward and we are relying on scoring a header from a set piece or long throw. Hopefully if Braithwaite is staying until January at least then he’ll get back in the team and keep us at the top of the league.

On 8/27/2018 at 19:28, Ivo den Bieman said:

Scunthorpe lost the guts of their team this summer and recruitment was poor.

McCall has good foundations there but will need to work hard to keep them steady. A solid mid table finish would be a good outcome for the Iron this season.

Bm8YfAnIIAAFGPk.jpg

Edited by Herman Hessian

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I thought we played quite well. We didn’t have any real chances though, as without Braithwaite we have no pace going forward and we are relying on scoring a header from a set piece or long throw. Hopefully if Braithwaite is staying until January at least then he’ll get back in the team and keep us at the top of the league.

:lol: 

I really didn’t. I was wanting Leeds to win and they never looked like scoring and Boro are a typical Pulis gang now so maybe that’s why I didn’t enjoy it. Every corner, for either side, was basically a wrestling match and Boro’s throw ins anywhere near Leeds box were the same.

We were solid at the back, and the midfield were excellent, Clayton digging in especially. I haven’t been a big fan of Howson, but he’s starting to turn me around. Problem, as you say, is a complete lack of pace or creativity going forward. Assombalonga is quick, but he’s being used as a target man which nullifies his pace, and much as i will always love Downing, and as good as he still is technically, you can see his legs are going. After him, in terms of wide players, it’s only really young Chapman and Tavernier that could come in. I’m all for giving both opportunities, but it’s a worrying lack of depth really. At least Gestede seems to have been shuffled down the pack. Every cloud.

21 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

We were solid at the back, and the midfield were excellent, Clayton digging in especially. I haven’t been a big fan of Howson, but he’s starting to turn me around. Problem, as you say, is a complete lack of pace or creativity going forward. Assombalonga is quick, but he’s being used as a target man which nullifies his pace, and much as i will always love Downing, and as good as he still is technically, you can see his legs are going. After him, in terms of wide players, it’s only really young Chapman and Tavernier that could come in. I’m all for giving both opportunities, but it’s a worrying lack of depth really. At least Gestede seems to have been shuffled down the pack. Every cloud.

Howson is steadily becoming my favourite player for us, starting to look like the player I thought we were signing. We have frankly ridiculous strength in depth in centre mid, then nothing out wide. Downing is a solid player for us, but we need more pace and someone who is able to beat a man, Downing hasn’t done that for us in a long time. The wing back role seemed to suit him quite well for us, and we do need someone better than Friend, but maybe our deadline day signing McQueen will help us. Could be a big player for us.

39 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

50B94C02-7F79-4F0C-81DA-3F17ED6FA283.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

As 0-0 goes I have been at plenty that were worse then last nights.

Football against anti football ended up with no one winning.

Pulis set his team up for the draw by going 5-4-1 and it worked with the back 5 all from the land of the giants.

Our passing game was just that bit out which meant we didnt break them down and create any clear chances. Thought we might get a goal in the last 15-20 mins as Boro wilted badly and we really pushed hard but to no avail.

Still would have taken being top of the league going into the first international break at the start of the season as no one knew what to expect from MB.

Two weeks on the training pitch to sort things out.