Football League 2018/19 season

5 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

No, it's on 'normal' Sky boxes too though I think Q boxes get those other games in HD.

I googled and the references were about Q boxes suggesting it was only on those and I've only a standard Sky+HD box. I'd tried everything but nothing would work but now discover you need to be on the football channel and I normally just go on to the Main Event as it's the first one! It's normally just referenced as Sky Sports sub needed. Cheers.

Big game for Brentford tonight. They've outplayed every team they've come up against, including Stoke and Villa haven't hit the ground running so I'm hoping they'll have enough to get the win. Second of three games in six games so I'm expecting a few players to be rested.

Caught part of the Stoke game. They were awful.  Williams should have had a straight red when initially booked and it was obvious he was going to get another yellow. Rowett definitely to blame for not subbing him before the inevitable happened.  Wigan looked decent though. Paul Cook's obviously still regretting turning Saints down when the was at Sligo!

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised with Swansea so far this season. Potter and co  have made good use of the resources given to him so far.

Cracking game vs Leeds and probably should have won. McBurnie had a great game as did Leroy Fer. Like Thistle young players are getting a chance and holding their own such as Jay Fulton.

Naughton and Olsson need to up their game though.  

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised with Swansea so far this season. Potter and co  have made good use of the resources given to him so far.
Cracking game vs Leeds and probably should have won. McBurnie had a great game as did Leroy Fer. Like Thistle young players are getting a chance and holding their own such as Jay Fulton.
Naughton and Olsson need to up their game though.  

Was really impressed with both McBurnie and Fer as well. Enjoyed that game, both teams trying to play and both pressing well.

On 23/08/2018 at 08:48, 7-2 said:

Caught part of the Stoke game. They were awful.  Williams should have had a straight red when initially booked and it was obvious he was going to get another yellow. Rowett definitely to blame for not subbing him before the inevitable happened.  Wigan looked decent though. Paul Cook's obviously still regretting turning Saints down when the was at Sligo!

Thought Wigan played pretty well at Villa Park and thought they should have more than enough to stay up this season.

Maybe they’ll even push for promotion.

Bolasie signed on loan. With him, Grealish, El Ghazi, McGinn and Adomah to choose from we should have the most exciting creative midfielders in the league. Still worried about our lack of centre-halves, as Steve Bruce is the only person in the World who thinks that Jedinak is the answer. Concerned that we could be lacking up front if Kodjia gets injured, too. But we should at least be contenders again. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

3 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Thought Wigan played pretty well at Villa Park and thought they should have more than enough to stay up this season.

Maybe they’ll even push for promotion.

Could be this season's 'dark horse'.

Cook's certainly making a name for himself. He seems to be taking small steps up the leagues. A few cups at Sligo then onto England and a couple of League 2 titles then League 1 with Wigan last season in addition to mastering Pep in the cup! Good football too. Can only be a matter of time before traditionally bigger clubs are after him.