Football League 2018/19 season

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I thought he'd get more. 

Also been fined £350 and banned from all UK football matches for 10 years.

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Banned from attending Birmingham games for ten years. 

Jammy b*****d. 

I didn't expect the jail term to be much more than that, but I expected the ban itself to be a LOT worse than that. Not necessarily a lot more than 10 years, but only Birmingham games? That's a massive letoff.

Just now, Principal Flutie said:

I didn't expect the jail term to be much more than that, but I expected the ban itself to be a LOT worse than that. Not necessarily a lot more than 10 years, but only Birmingham games? That's a massive letoff.

BBC says it's all UK matches hes banned from.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

BBC says it's all UK matches hes banned from.

Fair enough. The Birmingham City site says that it's their matches, but I suppose they would say that. No reason to talk about it from any other club's perspective.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Seen that, I thought a harder message might have been sent in terms of custody though. Early plea must've helped.

Might seem a daft question but does it start straight away? 

I know if I was jailed, out of the blue for over 3 months, I'd lose my job, struggle to pay any bills and probably end up losing my relationship as we couldn't afford all the direct debits/mortgages we've got for that amount of time. It would be life changing.

2 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Bormingham City have banned him from St Andrews for life.

The court has banned him from all UK football grounds for 10 years,

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-47523268

Jack Grealish: Birmingham City fan jailed for pitch attack

Aston Villa midfielder Jack GrealishImage copyrightREUTERS Image captionJack Grealish was attacked from behind by Paul Mitchell at St Andrew's

A Birmingham City fan has been jailed for 14 weeks for attacking Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish during the second city derby.

Paul Mitchell, of Rubery, Worcestershire, ran on to the pitch and hit Grealish from behind about 10 minutes into Sunday's game.

Mitchell, 27, admitted assault and encroachment on to the pitch at Birmingham Magistrates' Court earlier.

He "cannot explain what came over him yesterday morning", his solicitor said.

"His initial foolish intention was to just go on to the pitch and whip up the crowd," said Vaughn Whistance, defending.

Paul Mitchell led off pitchImage copyrightPA Image captionPub worker Mitchell blew kisses while being led off the field

Mitchell, of Cock Hill Lane, was also ordered to pay £350 in fines and costs and has been banned from attending any football matches in the UK for 10 years.

The £350 includes £100 in compensation for Grealish's "pain, discomfort and shock".

The Villa midfielder was able to continue with the game at St Andrew's and went on to score the winning goal in the 67th minute.

Mitchell, a pub worker, claimed he was not drunk when he invaded the pitch and punched Grealish in the jaw.

"I cannot help but feel how lucky I was in this incident," the player said.

"It could have been so much worse had the supporter had some sort of weapon."

Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish sits on the ground following the attackImage copyrightREUTERS Image captionGrealish sat on the turf while Mitchell was apprehended

Birmingham City apologised to both Grealish and Villa immediately after the game and said Mitchell would be banned from St Andrew's for life.

An FA spokesperson said "a line had been crossed" and strongly condemned Mitchell's attack, as well as another pitch invasion during the Manchester United and Arsenal match.

It has written to Birmingham City to examine the club's security measures.

1 minute ago, Principal Flutie said:

Fair enough. The Birmingham City site says that it's their matches, but I suppose they would say that. No reason to talk about it from any other club's perspective.

Sky also reporting that it's all UK stadiums, so must just be Birmingham reporting from their perspective.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Might seem a daft question but does it start straight away? 

I know if I was jailed, out of the blue for over 3 months, I'd lose my job, struggle to pay any bills and probably end up losing my relationship as we couldn't afford all the direct debits/mortgages we've got for that amount of time. It would be life changing.

Straight from court to jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200.

He would have spent last night in a police cell and the next few weeks in a prison cell.

Hope this sends a message to the idiots that this is what happens if you go on the pitch, and hope the other incidents over the weekend get treated equally harshly.

What a fucking idiot. What was he thinking? Banned from supporting your team for life, a jail sentence, as RG says - probably lose your job and run yourself into debt. All for running onto the pitch to hit a football player when you knew you were always going to get caught. Thick as mince.

43 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

What a fucking idiot. What was he thinking? Banned from supporting your team for life, a jail sentence, as RG says - probably lose your job and run yourself into debt. All for running onto the pitch to hit a football player when you knew you were always going to get caught. Thick as mince.

He was already unemployed. 

14  weeks is an absolute joke, he should have got 2 years minimum, he  will be out in less than half of that.

Where is the deterrent here, that's just a slap on the wrist and certainly won't stop other idiots running onto the pitch?