South Korea v Germany

2 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I might be wrong but the Germans don't really care about the English, the Dutch on the other hand.

They couldn't give a toss about us.  

I think Argentina is the only 'rivalry' England have where the strength of feeling is more or less reciprocal.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
France champions in 98, punted out group stage 2002
Italy champions 2006, emptied group stage 2010
Spain winners 2010, out in 2014 early doors
Now Germany. So not so unusual then in recent times. 
Crazy stuff [emoji38]
At least if England do win we can look forward to them being humiliated in 4 years time.

At least if England do win we can look forward to them being humiliated in 4 years time.

Cold Comfort!!!

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

My point is that laughing at your rivals when they fail and wanting your rivals to lose isn't in any way racist, yet often Scottish folk who chuckle when England are pumped and want them to lose are accused of racism. Clearly it's not, just as English fans laughing at Germany isn't, yet we don't hear them being accused of racism over it.

I think you're right. Just as the English don't really care about us.

I'm neutral at the WC unless we're involved. Just want the most expansive, creative and best organised teams to progress. Too soon to say if England will fill the criteria but if they do I'll be backing them like I would Brazil or Senegal. Come to think of it I'd love Senegal to win it.

4 hours ago, The Equalizer said:

Last time Germany went out at the group stage was 1938 and they didn't take it too well that time....

Ill informed drivel.

The first time groups were implemented in the World Cup finals was 1950.

In 1938 it was straight knockout, Germany losing to Switzerland after a replay.

BBC still pushing the but if they had Sane agenda.

Sane would not have made any difference - Germany had moire than enough chances to win today - it was not a lack of opportunities but the failure to put any of them away.

In any case the man who took Sane's place, Julian Brandt, was more dangerous in his 10 minute cameos than several of the German regulars.

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

BBC still pushing the but if they had Sane agenda.

Sane would not have made any difference - Germany had moire than enough chances to win today - it was not a lack of opportunities but the failure to put any of them away.

In any case the man who took Sane's place, Julian Brandt, was more dangerous in his 10 minute cameos than several of the German regulars.

Agreed. How Brandt never waranted a start today is beyond me. Looked a real threat off the bench first two games. 

Archived