What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

It's interesting to see the Starmerbots online and the mouthpieces in the media now all going down the route of giving the unruly jocks a right good finger wagging talking to. That always goes so well for them.

10 minutes ago, GAD said:

It's interesting to see the Starmerbots online and the mouthpieces in the media now all going down the route of giving the unruly jocks a right good finger wagging talking to. That always goes so well for them.

They are being absolutely rinsed on their Twitter feeds about it 

Not going to commit to this now as things like this have come back as faked in the past, but for the sake of conversation reports this has been accidentally posted and then deleted from Starmers twitter account today 

GG76GljXQAAmUqR.jpeg

Hoyle now saying he did what he did to protect MPs from viable threats. Risible nonsense. 

Even if there were viable threats were they only made to Labour MPs as that is the only group his actions sought to "protect". Also it seems we now have a massive elephant in the room here, a bogey man that appears to be getting blamed for bringing chaos to UK politics.  It's as pathetic as it is transparent and talk like this is merely stoking the flames. Do they honestly think UK Muslims are the only people appalled by what's happening in Gaza ???

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

Hoyle now saying he did what he did to protect MPs from viable threats. Risible nonsense. 

Even if there were viable threats were they only made to Labour MPs as that is the only group his actions sought to "protect". Also it seems we now have a massive elephant in the room here, a bogey man that appears to be getting blamed for bringing chaos to UK politics.  It's as pathetic as it is transparent and talk like this is merely stoking the flames. Do they honestly think UK Muslims are the only people appalled by what's happening in Gaza ???

I live not far from (sadly) my MP Ian Murrays office. There have been multiple peaceful "free palestine" type demos outside when I have driven past in the last few months.

I have no idea if Murray has even engaged with these people, but the vast majority are women and old people - none of them appeared to be rocking a semtex vest............................

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

I live not far from (sadly) my MP Ian Murrays office. There have been multiple peaceful "free palestine" type demos outside when I have driven past in the last few months.

I have no idea if Murray has even engaged with these people, but the vast majority are women and old people - none of them appeared to be rocking a semtex vest............................

Even if there were viable threats made to MPs (let's face it, it's not impossible) this was never the way to deal with that. Hoyle is bullshitting pure and simple. If MPs were in imminent danger the security services would be dealing with it, there would not be a requirement for the speaker to alter protocol in an attempt by HIM to protect them. I doubt a credible threat would even be announced in this way ie Hoyle blurting out he did what he did because of it being the first public release of such information. And all the while we the seed has been planted without mention of where the threat was coming from thus stoking flames further.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Do you think the SNP members shouldn't be supporting the no confidence motion on the Speaker ?

If that is in their conscience then so be it.

Telling that not all SNP members have signed to this motion.

Just now, Highlandmagar said:

If that is in their conscience then so be it.

Telling that not all SNP members have signed to this motion.

Why, it's not a whipping issue. Hoyle is even now digging an even deeper hole for himself on this issue. Your post in itself suggests your "cosying up to the Tories" line was nonsense. It's being left to individual MPs to decide but I would not blame any MP regardless of party affiliation for signing that petition. His actions and the attempts to justify them are complete nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

Why, it's not a whipping issue. Hoyle is even now digging an even deeper hole for himself on this issue. Your post in itself suggests your "cosying up to the Tories" line was nonsense. It's being left to individual MPs to decide but I would not blame any MP regardless of party affiliation for signing that petition. His actions and the attempts to justify them are complete nonsense. 

It could be that with just over half ( to date) of SNP members signed up their leader hasn't got control of them.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Even if there were viable threats made to MPs (let's face it, it's not impossible) this was never the way to deal with that. Hoyle is bullshitting pure and simple. If MPs were in imminent danger the security services would be dealing with it, there would not be a requirement for the speaker to alter protocol in an attempt by HIM to protect them. I doubt a credible threat would even be announced in this way ie Hoyle blurting out he did what he did because of it being the first public release of such information. And all the while we the seed has been planted without mention of where the threat was coming from thus stoking flames further.

Correct. If Labour MPs felt unable to support the SNP motion, that's on them - keeping in mind that the reasons they won't support it are:

1. They're terrified of upsetting Israel.

2. They hate the SNP (see Lammy). 

3. Starmer is a shitebag.

Labour have almost 6 times the number of opposition motion days available to them compared to the SNP. They've had months to put forward a position on Palestine. They did what they did yesterday to avoid looking like a shower of absolute c***s and a divided party (given that a number of them would have voted in favour of the SNP motion in the absence of anything from their own side). 

Today, they look like a shower of absolute c***s but don't show their level of division ... yet.

6 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

It could be that with just over half ( to date) of SNP members signed up their leader hasn't got control of them.

Odd take. Does that apply to the Conservatives too ?

Not really sure what your angle is here. What, in your eyes, should the SNP be doing about the Speaker's actions yesterday  ?

Good, let's have the debate again and a vote on an immediate ceasefire and not the mealy mouthed Labour ploy of a "humanitarian ceasefire" which is just a way of saying support the status quo.

Hopefully the debate will now place Labour under even greater scrutiny - G'day Kier!