What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

22 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Yet this is a red line for Sir Keir 

In fairness none of this a la carte, cherry picking, having the benefits without any of the commitments Swiss style bullshit is on offer. 

The only way the UK will regain the benefits of the single market and customs Union is by agreeing to be a part of it, abide by its rules and contribute. 

This is why labours brexit stance was just as dishonest, and arrogant as the tories. And Rentoul is an arsehole.  

Just now, Leith Green said:

"The Vow II"

The second instalment of the shite sandwich first seen in 2014

Starring Gordon Brown and Kier Starmer, agents provocateur of the Conservative Party.

Indeed, and I see that one of the big ideas is the transfer of civil servants from London to Scotland.  Just what we need here, folk already in jobs further hiking the house prices in Edinburgh, Stirling, Perth and Inverness.

Or is Broon actually suggesting Scottish jobs for Scottish people ?

I know Labour voters are gullible simpletons, but fucking hell surely none of them believe a leader with the title "Sir" is going to do anything about people called "Lord" and "Lady" 😂

Perhaps he could set a shining example of his disdain for the honours system by relinquishing his Knighthood?

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Indeed, and I see that one of the big ideas is the transfer of civil servants from London to Scotland.  Just what we need here, folk already in jobs further hiking the house prices in Edinburgh, Stirling, Perth and Inverness.

Aye, this all just has the smell of "tell them whatever we think will capture another 10% or something".

I was going to say that they must think we are dense.........................but then again why not try it again, there were plenty of people last time who said that all sounded quite reasonable.

And as @Benjamin_Nevis points out, not many commentators have pissed themselves laughing as much as I have at the thought of a Knight of the Realm looking to abolish The Lords...............its like some crazed Netflix drama

2 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Hang on, I thought the vow was already delivered. Aren't we as close to home rule as possible within a union? Labour first promised to abolish the house of lords 100years ago so surely that's been done aswell?

I'm sure @Jedi will be right along with some cut and paste pish from a party conference to confirm the above 😂

26 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

In my experience Scots are disproportionately represented in the civil service and there would probably be a good number jumping at the chance to move home, if that satisfies your parochial xenophobia. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

In my experience Scots are disproportionately represented in the civil service and there would probably be a good number jumping at the chance to move home, if that satisfies your parochial xenophobia. 

And what exactly has hitherto been stopping them moving back to Scotland if they are so minded ?  Interesting too that you reference the word 'home' in relation to Scotland yet accuse me of 'parochial xenophobia'.

34 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

And what exactly has hitherto been stopping them moving back to Scotland if they are so minded ?  Interesting too that you reference the word 'home' in relation to Scotland yet accuse me of 'parochial xenophobia'.

Their job not being in Scotland perhaps? 

20 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

After 2014 anyone listening to a word Gordon Brown says must zip up the back.

History will judge him.

After 2014, the Scottish Electorate has already had its say on these snakes.

Bit of a redder for them attempting to tell us "whats good for us" when they only have one feckin MP up here, who is sadly my MP.

Mrs LG quite likes Murray, as he does "good local work" - this is a bone of contention in our house, especially when I use the phrase "Unionist gammon lickspittle w****r" when referring to him.

(appreciate you may disagree given his football affiliation.......😉