What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

8 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Net worth of £1.5bn apparently. Not happy with Sunak during Covid. 

“Everything he did within COVID was wrong. He paid people for furlough which was all or nothing. He gave them too much in the wrong way."

No expansion on how he should have given people less. No recognition that furlough had to be developed from a standing start and implemented within a month. Of all the things to go after Sunak with, furlough isn't one of them. 

This boy has absolutely zero principles that align with a left of centre party. Fortunately, he doesn't need any to fit into the Labour party like a glove. 

London Labour suspiciously drop,at the 11th hour, their candidate in Aberdeenshire North and Moray East constituency over 6 year old social media posts .Perhaps giving the scandal riven DRoss a wee leg up against the SNP ? .

On 26/05/2024 at 21:07, O'Kelly Isley III said:

'I've nothing to do with the day to day running of the company, I merely take a share of the profits'.

What does it say about how little his company values workers that they are so driven by profit and greed that despite being aware this would be embarrassing for Anas that they did it anyway. 

On 27/05/2024 at 16:10, scottsdad said:

Shite would be a big improvement on what we've had. 

I dont think it will, hes not really promising any real change, things will remain shite, despite the easy win of changing for the better he’s clinging on to mediocracy, the Kodos of UK politics. 

11 hours ago, HTG said:

Net worth of £1.5bn apparently. Not happy with Sunak during Covid. 

“Everything he did within COVID was wrong. He paid people for furlough which was all or nothing. He gave them too much in the wrong way."

No expansion on how he should have given people less. No recognition that furlough had to be developed from a standing start and implemented within a month. Of all the things to go after Sunak with, furlough isn't one of them. 

This boy has absolutely zero principles that align with a left of centre party. Fortunately, he doesn't need any to fit into the Labour party like a glove. 

Makes you wonder what they would do if they got an endorsement from the likes of Bernie Sanders.  Possibly a thank you but no thank you.

On 18/06/2024 at 13:27, Granny Danger said:

Not really.  The problem for voters in England is that there is no credible alternative.  If I lived in a marginal seat in England I’d almost definitely vote Labour because it’s the least worst option.

Voters in Scotland and Wales have a credible alternative.

I'd be looking at independents. However, my first vote was for a constituency in England, with the options of CON, LAB, and LIB DEM. I see REFUK has been added to the list in the decades since.

Cock 'n' Balls it would be, then.

On 18/06/2024 at 13:27, Granny Danger said:

Not really.  The problem for voters in England is that there is no credible alternative.  If I lived in a marginal seat in England I’d almost definitely vote Labour because it’s the least worst option.

Voters in Scotland and Wales have a credible alternative.

This is the problem I have. The Lib Dems are likely to get in where I am, getting rid of the Tory, but the choice is abysmal.

I may go with the @BFTD suggestion.

download (1).jfif

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Never an acceptable reply to any post.

Even when discussing poultry.

A Bradford City fan would've wanted to have it out.

On 18/06/2024 at 21:39, Leith Green said:

My MP is his wee poodle Ian Murray. Sadly, the Tories in the area vote labour to ensure no SNP MP gets in, despite my best efforts.

Murray is the kunts kunt.

Watch out.  That’s the next Secretary of State for Scotland you’re talking about!

This "worst ever exchange" seems to be a potential Labour voter asking fairly basic policy questions that a seemingly experienced activist knew were essentially unanswerable. From anecdotes like this, more switched on Labour people surely know they are heading to a difficult spot in the longer term. They are either going to come up very short on the central 'change' theme of the campaign, or they will have to be much less conservative on tax and spend compared to how Starmer and Reeves have positioned them. Either way, they are almost certain to end up pissing off parts of what looks like a broad but quite shallow coalition of voters.

Then again, there might not be a functioning Opposition for the next five years, so maybe they are gambling on getting away with it.