Sweden v Switzerland

Connor7

Watching 2 mins behind and thought you meant the one he got the card for. Was going to say unjustified bookings where a player is suspended from the next match should be appealable after the match using Vars. Lucky not to get a red for the one at the corner of the penalty area.

I thought the first one probably wasn't a yellow and the second one probably was so it sort of evened itself out very quickly.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The OP said:

I am and I was aware it was two separate incidents. That's what makes it funnier. One was a tug and another was 'Neymar style histrionics'.  I'm going to guess his antics don't really warrant any comment over and above any other player if not for the fact he is a swagtastic Celt. Also getting reports he hit a doozy of a cross but Ekdal fucked the finish. Some bhoy. 

No m8, it was mentioned because Neymar's continued play-acting has highlighted how pathetic that shite is. The next player since Neymar's performances to have gone down and thrown their hand in the air screaming for the physio as if he had just been tasered happened to be Lustig. 

Good to see paranoia is still rife amongst the Henmans. 

Watched this shitey match and I take my eye off it for 30 seconds to watch the grandson type out "medicine" on his I Pad while I spelled it out for him...

What's the commentary like on the TV? Listening to the radio and the majority of the chat has been about how England are as good as in the semis.

Pat Nevin appears to have gone native.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

What's the commentary like on the TV? Listening to the radio and the majority of the chat has been about how England are as good as in the semis.

I've not been watching or listening, but presumably this is based on both these teams being poor?

Have they forgotten that full-strength England were utterly shite against Tunisia, and had to rely on a last-minute goal to avoid an embarrassing draw?

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Couldn't possibly be building up hopes before a crushing defeat.

6 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

They've just claimed that the Swedish player who lost his balance and didn't claim for a penalty, should have been booked for diving.

Just now, The Master said:

I've not been watching or listening, but presumably this is based on both these teams being poor?

Have they forgotten that full-strength England were utterly shite against Tunisia, and had to rely on a last-minute goal to avoid an embarrassing draw?

There's been a lot of "England won't have anything to fear from either of these sides. Sweden will be ripped apart by England down the wings..."

"...or Colombia! Could be Colombia, of course"  <_<

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Doesn’t surprise me about Nevin. Sure I’ve heard him slipping out a “we” when talking about England.  Wee nyaff.

There's been a couple of those so far.

I quite like the idea that he'd be helping to stoke up the expectation, but the occasional slip into talking about "us" implies otherwise. Could just be a gloryhunting wee chunt, of course.

Archived