The Meh Derby: Kilmarnock v St. Johnstone

Saints fans showing as much class as their manager in defeat. Killie were by far the better side, we wore down a team who were playing for the point in a professional manner and with some good football. Moaning about the announcer is the least of your worries I would think after what your team showed yesterday.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest here, this will likely go down as a famous victory for Kilmarnock, quite the upset AND on the opening day of the season! I certainly can't blame their fans, or even their tannoy bloke, for getting a bit lost in the moment and carried away with the excitement. Saints - a team in transition, bedding in new signings and introducing youth players while playing a wonky formation - just didn't turn up and we were made to pay. Well done Killie fans, hope you enjoyed your day.

30 minutes ago, Howlin Wilf said:

Saints fans showing as much class as their manager in defeat. Killie were by far the better side, we wore down a team who were playing for the point in a professional manner and with some good football. Moaning about the announcer is the least of your worries I would think after what your team showed yesterday.

Most Saints fans are aware we've woefully short in the middle of the park and a below standard right back. I'm not convinced that'll be our standard performance this season. 

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Remember when people were saying that weirdo announcer's woeful patter was aimed at the kids? I actually think it's aimed at the dribbling simpletons that seem to make up a large proportion of the Kilmarnock support, such as your man Nadroj, for example.  

Bit rich to be referring to me as a simpleton when your avatar pic and teams best player is a fat VL who streams himself playing ultimate team.

Back in your box you farmer c**t.

All this talk about Gav winding fans up , being an “ attention seeking pr*8k” or c**t , with the latter 2 comments coming from 2 different sets of fans is what IMO a stadium announcer at a football match should be doing ( within the SPFL rules and the laws of the land of course ) 
Since Gav came back the atmosphere at RP which previously , let’s admit , was like a nursing home after medication time , has taken a turn for the better , ably assisted  by a certain SSC and LAD who might have helped [emoji6] . I went to 4 away games last year at Perth , Motherwell , Partick and Hamilton and to be honest there anaemic announcers left no lasting impression which is a shame . I remember seeing the Paisley Panda who’s soul remit it seemed was to wind up the opposing fans , humorously , and even Ayrs  copy cat shabbily clothed one did likewise . I’ve also attended 2 American football matches where the mascots and the other pre match shenanigans are IMO designed to antagonise the opposing fans.
If you find offence at your opposing teams antics at trying to get the crowd “ going” I suggest you stay away or perhaps become less of a snowflake 

Mind the boy who was the PA before Gav?

*shudder*

8 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Bit rich to be referring to me as a simpleton when your avatar pic and teams best player is a fat VL who streams himself playing ultimate team.

Back in your box you farmer c**t.

Yeah, not sure how any of that's relevant to you not being a simpleton. Calling him a fat VL is quite amusing though tbf. Anyone offering odds on who's in better shape with a fitter bird - Tony Watt or Nadroj the thick Kilmarnock smackhead? 

21 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Yeah, not sure how any of that's relevant to you not being a simpleton. Calling him a fat VL is quite amusing though tbf. Anyone offering odds on who's in better shape with a fitter bird - Tony Watt or Nadroj the thick Kilmarnock smackhead? 

As Tony Watt doesny have a bird - hence him being a VL - I'd say me.

Also not into heroin but it was a good attempt.

19 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

What was the stadium guy doing?

Not much really. Hes just quite the enthusiastic, happy type. Likes to try and involve the crowd etc. Don't really think what he does deserves the mental outrage from saints fans but hey ho.

He is a million times better than the guy before him and im happy he is with us.

That's the weirdest thing about all this for me, I don't remember anything particularly outlandish - he's a bit OTT at times, but there was nothing directed towards St Johnstone.

I don't think they do. It's more up against someone with a bit of nous that's been around a bit (I.e. Boyd) where their relative inexperience at this level might be exposed. 
In all honesty, as a pairing they piss all over broadfoot and Findlay.
[emoji23]

54 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

His job, nothing more, nothing less.....

It seems to me, like, lets pick on someone as we are hurting after defeat.  A good few Saintees were on here prematch boasting of how they were going to do this & that after a couple of wins against inferior teams in the Betfred group stage matches.

Classic deflection tactics from some to hide behind St Johnstone's inadequacies.

46 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

His job, nothing more, nothing less.....

It seems to me, like, lets pick on someone as we are hurting after defeat.  A good few Saintees were on here prematch boasting of how they were going to do this & that after a couple of wins against inferior teams in the Betfred group stage matches.

Classic deflection tactics from some to hide behind St Johnstone's inadequacies.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

That's the weirdest thing about all this for me, I don't remember anything particularly outlandish - he's a bit OTT at times, but there was nothing directed towards St Johnstone.

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

Not much really. Hes just quite the enthusiastic, happy type. Likes to try and involve the crowd etc. Don't really think what he does deserves the mental outrage from saints fans but hey ho.

He is a million times better than the guy before him and im happy he is with us.

Sounds a right c*nt.

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

As Tony Watt doesny have a bird - hence him being a VL - I'd say me.

Also not into heroin but it was a good attempt.

OK Jordan so you are saying that you are not into Heroin but you had a good attempt at it.. Splitting hairs a bit here J-Dog 

Archived