The Meh Derby: Kilmarnock v St. Johnstone

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to be a bit of a wet blanket here but I don’t think Gavin should be responding to these posts. He is “only” the stadium announcer of course but he represents the club and club officials (loose term) posting on P+B is what you’d expect in the juniors.

6 hours ago, Stelling said:

Let them have their moment. They've been the most irrelevant team in the league for almost a decade. Now they've landed a semi-competent manager and won a couple of games the fans don't seem to know how to cope and it's clearly blowing their minds. They'll simmer soon.

25 years mate. 25 years.

5 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Sorry to be a bit of a wet blanket here but I don’t think Gavin should be responding to these posts. He is “only” the stadium announcer of course but he represents the club and club officials (loose term) posting on P+B is what you’d expect in the juniors.

He hasn't said anything controversial. I know if someone spoke about something I'd done in a work capacity I'd want a chance to respond. 

5 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

So where do you stop?  Ban club official from responding to MSM quotes & reports or the players from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.

He's entitled to his opinion & the right to defend himself, so long as he doesn't bring the club into disrepute...... which he didnt.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 07:31, Stelling said:

Let them have their moment. They've been the most irrelevant team in the league for almost a decade. Now they've landed a semi-competent manager and won a couple of games the fans don't seem to know how to cope and it's clearly blowing their minds. They'll simmer soon.

haha, St Johnstone have been irrelevant their entire existence until they finally won something a couple of years back.

You'll be back in the seaside leagues soon enough.  Mad Tommy will probably take you there this season TBH.

AnnouncerGate. A new aspect to the Meh Derby.
I won't be alone and will be all ears when the return fixture comes about.
Saturday, 24th November. Get your ears ready. What happens on the pitch is now irrelevant. The tannoy is king.

No contest. You couldn’t hear our last tannoy man and although the new one can be heard, it’s fairly plain stuff. Gav wins as easy as Killie did on the pitch.

11 minutes ago, andrewh said:

No contest. You couldn’t hear our last tannoy man and although the new one can be heard, it’s fairly plain stuff. Gav wins as easy as Killie did on the pitch.

You still wearing your big foam pointy fingers to games Andrew?

IMG_0736.JPG

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

You still wearing your big foam pointy fingers to games Andrew?

IMG_0736.JPG

Paulo's head has gone to such an extent he's now having a pop at his own support for using foam hands.

Grim.

18 minutes ago, Fide said:

Paulo's head has gone to such an extent he's now having a pop at his own support for using foam hands.

Grim.

Love a bit of head's gone chat.

For the benefit of doubt, can I just point out I have no knowledge of Andrew ever wearing a big pointy foam hand to a St Johnstone game.

Spoiler

it stops him holding his vuvuzela so he doesn't bring it.

Archived