Reincarnation

banana

Poll  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I wonder what crime the person committed in a previous life to come back as you.

There's a good chance you could've been Hitler.

Hitler got all the babes too tbf

sofia.jpg.c1e0d02b1d75e01d3cda563ade181567.jpg

37 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I'll have been Himmler or Hess Mein Fuhrer.

Why do people who've supposedly  been reincarnated always claim they were Marie Antoinette or a member of the aristocracy in Queen Victoria's court, or somebody else really important? Nobody ever says they shovelled shit on a pig farm.

51 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Why do people who've supposedly  been reincarnated always claim they were Marie Antoinette or a member of the aristocracy in Queen Victoria's court, or somebody else really important? Nobody ever says they shovelled shit on a pig farm.

That's THIS incarnation for me. If I get ideas above my station in future lives, I'll just think back to the P&B pigshit years.

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Someone’s bought DMT off the back of Joe Rogan’s podcast.

Rogan regular Hancock had quite the impassioned talk on this, banned apparently.

15 hours ago, banana said:

The subject of reincarnation has cropped up throughout the world for millennia, and is a theme of many religions.

Memories of previous lives, birthmarks as references to violent deaths, the soul, and so forth.

Here's some scientific evidence from a boffin who's made this his life's work:

Any P&Bers been reincarnated into this reality where you shitpost on a Scottish football forum in the early 21st century? What did you do in your former lives?

:lol: Some amount of shite you watch @banana. Can't you just watch Hollyoaks like every fucker else?!

6 hours ago, sjc said:

Can't you just watch Hollyoaks like every fucker else?!

That shit will melt your brain, squire. And not in a good way.

Actually, anyone watched soap operas on hallucinogenics?

30 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Does he think a single person is actually buying it?

Have never had to buy it in my life, squire. #alphalife

Well, not directly anyway.

Peter Seeger and Joe Hickerson boot the whole question nicely into touch with Where Have All The Flowers Gone. :whistle 

19 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I believe in it.

I believe we will take a new form — that of a fleshless, chattering skeleton when Zorp the Surveyor arrives and burns your flesh off with his volcano mouth.

Damn. Here was me hoping either Westworld or Caprica had the answer.

It occurred to me tonight that I have never had sex in Larbert, where I was born. Given that I'm old and live a long way away, I probably never will. Hence, it's a reasonably safe bet I'm not going to be reincarnated as a salmon. 

It's impossible to prove/disprove. There could be millions of alternate realities that we live in one or all of. If you are reincarnated then you will have no memory of it so would be oblivious anyway. 

Personally I would rather travel in time back to the first day at Uni and go through the process of ferreting about dubious women all over again. 

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

It occurred to me tonight that I have never had sex in Larbert, where I was born. Given that I'm old and live a long way away, I probably never will. Hence, it's a reasonably safe bet I'm not going to be reincarnated as a salmon. 

The pollution in the River Carron would kill you anyway 

9 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

It's impossible to prove/disprove. There could be millions of alternate realities that we live in one or all of. If you are reincarnated then you will have no memory of it so would be oblivious anyway. 

Personally I would rather travel in time back to the first day at Uni and go through the process of ferreting about dubious women all over again. 

It's not really impossible to disprove though, the physics doesn't add up with this sort of thing. Brian Cox has said similar things about ghosts in the past; “If we want some sort of pattern that carries information about our living cells to persist then we must specify precisely what medium carries that pattern and how it interacts with the matter particles out of which our bodies are made". If we're to be reincarnated, part of us must be carried into the "next life". If you're saying that's possible then you should be able to identify how that information is carried, or at the very least present a theory as to how that could work.  Brian Cox also surmises that if ghosts or particles which could carry the information of dead people did exist, then we'd have found evidence of them already at the LHC.

The worst they could find at the LHC is there actually is an all powerful God. What an utter c**t of a being that would be. "Think I'll just drop some cancer in the mix lol."

As far as Brian Cox goes I don't think we know how gravity is transmitted yet and we don't have a clue about dark matter and energy.

Archived